Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Do we have a Linux toolchain yet? — Parallax Forums

Do we have a Linux toolchain yet?

Hey guys, got a nice Linux machine setup. It's an older R52 Thinkpad, like new. Found and handed to me.

Linux MATE delivered a great experience. I've set this up for a few tasks that do not require a screaming fast box. P2 should be one of those.

I want to run ersmith's SPIN compiler and load onto my FPGA.

Comments

• DavidZemonDavidZemon Posts: 2,973
    edited 2016-09-05 13:33
    ersmith uploads archives of each release with Windows & Linux binaries to GitHub: https://github.com/totalspectrum/spin2cpp/releases

And my build server is building Windows/Linux/Raspberry Pi builds of just the spin2cpp and fastspin executables after each commit: http://david.zemon.name:8111/project.html?projectId=Spin2Cpp&tab=projectOverview&guest=1
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,860
    I'm interested in trying out spin2cpp for converting P1 spin to P2 assembly.

I have an advanced project in mind for one of my P123 boards, but it requires turning a 32-bit float into a string for display on a monitor. There is some P1 code to do this in OBEX. Going to attempt conversion soon...
  • Rayman wrote: »
    I'm interested in trying out spin2cpp for converting P1 spin to P2 assembly.

I have an advanced project in mind for one of my P123 boards, but it requires turning a 32-bit float into a string for display on a monitor. There is some P1 code to do this in OBEX. Going to attempt conversion soon...

Let me know how it goes -- if you run into any issues I'd be happy to help out. One thing to watch out for is that spin2cpp will *not* try to convert P1 PASM into P2 PASM, so you're probably best off with porting pure Spin code to the P2. The compiler will end up converting it to PASM anyway, so it won't be too much slower than a mixed Spin/PASM solution, and you won't have to worry about the differences between P1 and P2 PASM.

Eric
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,860
    I'm pretty sure it will work, but don't worry, I'll complain if it doesn't :)