Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
My robot — Parallax Forums

My robot

I have a ongoing robotbuild in a real slow pace. My intention is to participate in robocup.dtu.dk. I hope i could find some more time now when I recover from a hip surgery. I'm from Sweden and have difficulties to find all Parallax products here. I apologize for my bad English.
My robot:
The shape is similar to Stingray, motors are Polulus D37xL54 1:50 200RPM #1444, Wheels are Banebots 3 7/8", and the electronics is Gadgetgangsters with octodriver.
I prefer to program in Spin rather than C.
Next step should be to modify Duane Degn Eddie firmware (or the firmware for the new DHB-10 motorcontroller) to accept Sony IR remote and serial LCD and the hardware I am using.

Comments

• Welcome to the forum SteffeD1, wish you good luck on achieving your goal's, do you have a current picture of your creation?
  • Thank you.
    2560 x 1440 - 673K
  • Can't tell, is that the Propeller 40p DIP under the jumper wires, if so, you took the tough route, and learned a lot along the way. Plenty of room on your platform for potential add-on's, nice work!

Keep us posted on your progress.
  • Today, I'm finally get a program running. It's a mix of firmware for the new DHB-10 motorcontroller and code for Sony IR remote control and serial LCD. The Go command seems to operate fine, but I think I have to change the closed-loop constants before I made progress with the others. I would be grateful for some advise in the subject. (Positions one wheel must travel, while other wheel is still, to rotate the entire robot 360°= 16451, positions for 1000 mm= 10349, max speed= 10667pos/sek)
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    That's an awesome robot, SteffeD1! Glad to hear you're coming along. I'm surprised Duane Degn hasn't chimed in yet. He's a smart and helpful fellow, he'll be along soon.
  • I should be able to help.

I should have time to look at your issue in more derail tomorrow.
  • SteffeD1 wrote: »
    Positions one wheel must travel, while other wheel is still, to rotate the entire robot 360°= 16451, positions for 1000 mm= 10349, max speed= 10667pos/sek

Have you made the necessary changes to the appropriate constants or use the appropriate commands to set these new values?

I have similar motors from Pololu but they're the 1:70 gear ratio rather than the 1:50 ratio. I should be able to help you figure out which values to adjust.

How are you issuing commands to the robot?
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Duane Degn wrote: »
    I should have time to look at your issue in more derail tomorrow.

A Freudian slip, or a hint of sabotage? I shudder to think of all of SteffeD1's hard work down the Duane.

• erco wrote: »
    A Freudian slip, or a hint of sabotage? I shudder to think of all of SteffeD1's hard work down the Duane.

Well a "slip" has me a bit "derailed."

A week ago, my wife slipped and torn her hamstring. Life has been a bit crazier than normal. (The injury doesn't require surgery, just time to heal.)

erco wrote: »
    I shudder to think of all of SteffeD1's hard work down the Duane.

I was in college the first time I heard the "Duane" knock knock joke. The punch line is of course "Duane the bath tub I'm dwowning."

• @SteffeD1,

It's god to hear your at the fun part of robotics, figuring out what your robot can do. I'm interested in the DBH-10, and you have Duane on board to help, your robot will have no choice but to comply to your commands.

• Duane Degn wrote :Have you made the necessary changes to the appropriate constants or use the appropriate commands to set these new values?

I have similar motors from Pololu but they're the 1:70 gear ratio rather than the 1:50 ratio. I should be able to help you figure out which values to adjust.

How are you issuing commands to the robot?

Yes, I have changed the constants to PosPerRot: 8225, Kp : 5, Deadzone: 5, Ki: 3, KiMax: 10, distanceM: 5174.
    The other constants I am uncertain of how to change.
    Even if I mangaged it to do a figure 8 in Ercos challange, I still got problems with uneven accelerations and it tryes to correct the pos whit to low PWM (the robot not moving forward and never stops trying).

I attach my program.
  • I still have some problems whit my robot. When I ask my robot to do many commands in a sequence, it suddenly (between two moves) starts one motor at full speed at forward or reverse. I'm using Eddie control board and firmware. I would appreciate getting help.