Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Are there going to be any more updates to the the LEARN library? — Parallax Forums

Are there going to be any more updates to the the LEARN library?

I noticed that the last update to Learn library is about a year and a half old, wondering if support is continuing or has P2 development stopped further Learn support.

Comments

• P2 development and our educational support are somewhat independent and our business is mostly educational.

Yes, updates are coming! Blockly is driving a significant amount of library additions, for example. In August you will see some new releases.

Ken Gracey
  • Awesome! Thank you, Ken! I'm looking forward to the new releases.
  • Yesterday we added OLED support (a 0.95" RGB display) to our cloud compiler system for Blockly and the same update will go into Learn Libraries, along with others. We have a few staff out traveling for courses but we're planning these releases. - Ken
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    Yesterday we added OLED support (a 0.95" RGB display) to our cloud compiler system for Blockly and the same update will go into Learn Libraries, along with others. We have a few staff out traveling for courses but we're planning these releases. - Ken
    What does the Blockly interface to the OLED display look like?

• Ken, While on the subject, you might want to consider providing some examples on the main blockly page. I think you'll get a better uptake of interest if you provide previews of finished projects, without the need to register and log in. You do provide a way to try the editor, but it comes up with a new project, and all the community projects require registration. Any possibility of adding two or three examples visitors could play with?

I only came across the blockly page from the main store page -- a traversal that I make only occasionally -- and didn't notice any links to it from the Learn site.