Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Prop2 FPGA files!!! - Updated 2 June 2018 - Final Version 32i - Page 55 — Parallax Forums

Prop2 FPGA files!!! - Updated 2 June 2018 - Final Version 32i

Comments

• cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    Is this suitable?
    BeMicro_CV_A9_board.JPG

That's perfect. Thanks a lot!
  • Sorry, I did one too.
    CVA9.JPG
    2246 x 1282 - 2M
    Here is the BeMicro-A9 configuration:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NbgkdrupkHY3lVdGFYOVZtRW8/view?usp=sharing

I have no idea if it actually works, as I can't test it. I'm anxious to hear if it's okay.
  • cgracey wrote: »

I have no idea if it actually works, as I can't test it. I'm anxious to hear if it's okay.

Great, I can try it, but aren't you supposed to be sleeping?
    cgracey wrote: »

Great, I can try it, but aren't you supposed to be sleeping?

I'm waiting for you to test that thing.
  • CV-A9 It's alive Chip!
    ozpropdev wrote: »
    CV-A9 It's alive Chip!

Super! When I get up, I'll post a new all-inclusive file at the top of this thread. Thanks for trying that out.
  • :) :cool:
    441 x 217 - 19K
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2016-06-16 14:34
    I knew I should have hooked up this CV-A9 sooner. Got it loaded with the image and attached a PropPlug to J1:12(GND),10,8,6 but no joy yet. Just powering off the USB, 3.3V VCCIO etc.

EDIT: My bad, I was using one of my "non standard" PropPlugs with a slightly different pinout. Now everything works!
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,066
    Fantastic. I will get going in the morning :)
  • Will the scan chain testing stuff be in the final chips that we buy, or just in the test run? Will they decrease the maximum clock speed at all?
  • Well I've been playing with Tachyon on the BeMicroCV-A9 for a while now and it works really well. But I can't seem to get the microSD card to work so I will hook-up an external device tomorrow sometime as I need to get some sleep myself now.
    TF2# lsio  PORT PINS
    +--------------------------+
    P00 out L ~  ||    H inp P63
    P01 inp H ~  ||    H out P62
    P02 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P61
    P03 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P60
    P04 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P59
    P05 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P58
    P06 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P57
    P07 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P56
    P08 inp H ~  ||  D L inp P55
    P09 inp H ~  ||  D L inp P54
    P10 inp H ~  ||  D L inp P53
    P11 inp H ~  ||  D L inp P52
    P12 inp H ~  ||  D L inp P51
    P13 inp H ~  ||  D L inp P50
    P14 inp H ~  ||  ~ L out P49
    P15 inp H ~  ||  ~ L out P48
    P16 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P47
    P17 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P46
    P18 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P45
    P19 inp H ~  ||  ~ L inp P44
    P20 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P43
    P21 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P42
    P22 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P41
    P23 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P40
    P24 out L ~  ||  ~ H inp P39
    P25 out H ~  ||  ~ H inp P38
    P26 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P37
    P27 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P36
    P28 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P35
    P29 out H ~  ||  ~ H inp P34
    P30 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P33
    P31 inp H ~  ||  ~ H inp P32
    +--------------------------+ ok

• Well I've been playing with Tachyon on the BeMicroCV-A9 for a while now and it works really well. But I can't seem to get the microSD card to work so I will hook-up an external device tomorrow sometime as I need to get some sleep myself now.

Oh do please post that version of Tachyon if possible, would really like to keep up with the P2 via Tachyon, makes is very approachable for me.
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,797
    Looks like Arrow is only place to get CV-A9 and it's out of stock, right?
  • I think the CV-A9 are all gone. I've been looking for one for a while (kicking self for not buying earlier...just this one time, I was not hoarding) and had no luck, they've been out of stock for a while. :(
  • evanhevanh Posts: 15,126
    Gone for good? Seems too new to already be discontinued.
    edited 2016-06-17 02:00
    Chip,
    I presume that P8 should be P35 in the BeMicroCV-A9.

Nice clean pinout BTW :)

BeMicro_A9_Prop2_Hookup2.png
    621 x 1108 - 993K
    Here is an updated BeMicro CV A2 & A9 pinout for v10a
    BeMicroCV%20A2-A9%20pinout%20v10a.jpg
    870 x 545 - 233K
  • Thanks Ray for the updated pinout, I was trying to access the microSD by the old one plus I still had a porta/portb selection bug in one of my routines. Anyway my SD card is working great but I will concentrate on updating the assembler and getting a small stand-alone system running before I start exploring smartpins and other P2 booty too much.
    Mounted 7803.AA00-F84E.1690          NO NAME     FAT32   4,119MB (32,768/cluster)
    ls
    NO NAME
    WARPEACE.TXT   EXTEND  .FTH   EEWORDS .FTH   VGA     .FTH   CLOCK   .FTH
    EASYFILE.FTH   BREAKOUT.FTH   SDCARD  .FTH   W5500   .FTH   LIFE    .FTH
    EASYNET .FTH   IOT5500 .HTM   WELCOME .TEL   POPCORN .MP3   HOME    .HTM
    P8CPU   .JPG   IOTPINS .JPG   LOVE    .WAV   HELP    .TXT   P8      .H
    IOT5500H.JPG   DRAGON  .JPG   IOT5500 .JPG   128K    .BIN   256K    .BIN
    W5200   .FTH   PREVIOUS.ROM   DEBUG   .ROM   POPCORN .WAV   P8X32A  .PDF
    IMAGE3         FRED    .PNG   FSRSCH  .PNG   FSRPCB  .PNG   IMAGE
    HTTP404 .HTM   IMAGE2         IMAGE1         LOGON   .HTM   TACHYON .HTM
    WELCOME .FTP   SITE0004.LOG   SITE0003.LOG   SITE0002.LOG   SITE0001.LOG
    FAVICON .ICO   PARALLAX.PNG   HOME1   .HTM   SYSLOG  .TXT   HCB4208 .JPG
    CE1372  .JPG   CE1372  .PDF   CHARLCD .JPG   ECOLCD  .PDF   LOVE    .MP3
    FIRMWARE.ROM     ok
    TF2# fopen WARPEACE.TXT...opened at 0000.4040   ok
    TF2# 0 $200 FS DUMPA
    00.0000: The Project Gutenberg EBook of War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy..Th
    00.0040: is eBook is for the use of anyone anywhere at no cost and with a
    00.0080: lmost.no restrictions whatsoever.  You may copy it, give it away
    00.00C0:  or re-use it.under the terms of the Project Gutenberg License i
    00.0100: ncluded with this.eBook or online at www.gutenberg.org...Title:
    00.0140: War and Peace..Author: Leo Tolstoy..Translators: Louise and Aylm
    00.0180: er Maude..Posting Date: January 10, 2009 [EBook #2600]..Last Upd
    00.01C0: ated: March 15, 2013..Language: English..Character set encoding: ok
    TF2#

Nice work Peter.
    Are you using Tachyon for your assembler or PASM2?
  • jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    .... Anyway my SD card is working great ..
    That was quick :)
    Do you have speed comparisons of time to do that dir read on P1 vs P2 ?
    Does this use SW SPI, or Smart Pin SPI ?

Cluso99 wrote: »
    Chip,
    I presume that P8 should be P35 in the BeMicroCV-A9.

Nice clean pinout BTW :)

BeMicro_A9_Prop2_Hookup2.png

You're right!

P8 was the FPGA pin, but because it started with P, I went with it. It should be P35. Thanks for finding that. I'll make the change.
  • Peter JakackiPeter Jakacki Posts: 10,193
    edited 2016-06-17 07:16
    I was a tad tardy but I was out all day and just got back and patched it. But Tachyon is not so tardy on the P2 for sure even though it has been written for functionality rather than performance at this stage.My assembler runs under Tachyon but works as closely as possible to the standard assembler so once I have that sorted out I will be making use of many of the enhancements that have been added to the P2 plus experimenting with the smartpins. In this regards I will of course update the serial routines and then the SD card drivers which should really fly especially on multi-block transfers as there is always the card command setup latency.

The TF2 source and extension source code is all in the P2 dropbox folder if you want to have a go. After loading the kernel and extend.fth you just need to define your SD card pins then load sdcard.fth and easyfile.fth and that's a good start. I will see how I go with the VGA code that has been done and for the moment I will tie in a PS/2 compatible keyboard but aim to handle HID USB at least. The WIZ5500 drivers and server work so that's a good start to having a stand-alone system in a compact BeMicroCV format.

The timing figures are already snappy but these are still early days with lots of improvements to come however I will provide some comparison figures in my old P2 Tachyon thread.

BTW - having the inline assembler to create new functions on the fly is pivotal to bringing up all these enhancements. I could even have the Ethernet layers fetch files from my dropbox account or just read them off the SD card to compile at the press of a button.
  • I tried updating to P2v10a (Prop 1-2-3 A9 board) and PX complained with a "PX loader not found on COM3" message. PNut ctrl-G (from both PNut_v9b and PNut_v10) finds the hardware on COM3 OK. Up to this point, I've had no problem updating.

While the image was loading, all 8 red LEDs were lit, but about half way through the load only RED 0 was lit, and it was at the end of the load that PX issued the above error message. I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention on previous updates, but I think all 8 LEDs stayed on until the load had finished?

I tried the p2v9b PX, with the p2v9b image, with the same LED behavior and error message. Might I have a problem with my A9 board?

Thanks!
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    I had a similar problem... try quitting out of PNUT while you are using PX. In my case it wasn't PNUT, but another utility... that while not using COM4 but was running at the time and may not have released COM4 correctly.
  • rjo__rjo__ Posts: 2,114
    edited 2016-06-17 20:18
    By the way, I blew up part of my set-up, so am I am trying to fix myself up. P123v10 seems happy:)
  • rjo__ wrote: »
    I had a similar problem... try quitting out of PNUT while you are using PX. In my case it wasn't PNUT, but another utility... that while not using COM4 but was running at the time and may not have released COM4 correctly.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy. I changed to a different port number and no joy there, either. There's transfer activity indicated on the board and the failure message pops up after the 100% mark.

In the short term, I have a BE-Micro A2, but it's been quite a while since I used it, and I've never loaded a P2 image on it. Is it as simple as using PX to load the zip's *A2*.jic file?
  • garryj wrote: »
    rjo__ wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestion, but no joy. I changed to a different port number and no joy there, either. There's transfer activity indicated on the board and the failure message pops up after the 100% mark.

In the short term, I have a BE-Micro A2, but it's been quite a while since I used it, and I've never loaded a P2 image on it. Is it as simple as using PX to load the zip's *A2*.jic file?

I know I'm likely stating the obvious, but are you switching to PGM before turning the board on?
  • garryj wrote: »
    rjo__ wrote: »

No you need to use the Altera software to load that in, unfortunately. There is a stand alone programmer from Altera - you don't need the whole giant package
  • I downloaded the latest zip file but it claims to be just v10 not 10a. Is that correct?