Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Does Parallax have dimensioned dwgs for the pieces for the Robotic Drawing Arm Project? — Parallax Forums

Does Parallax have dimensioned dwgs for the pieces for the Robotic Drawing Arm Project?

Could you make them available as a pdf for those of us who don't have access to a laser cutter?

Thanks
Tom

Comments

• I have referred your question to the project owner.
  • Yes, I've attached the PDF here, and I will post it to the tutorial next week.
    Thanks for asking!
  • twm47099twm47099 Posts: 867
    edited 2016-03-12 06:38
    Matt,
    What is the scale of the drawing? I think it's full scale (1:1); is that correct?

Thanks
    Tom
  • Great stuff Matt!

When you publish the tutorial, if there might be any chance to include some type of dimensioned CAD file format (perhaps something LibreCAD could import), that would be even more fab!

Like Tom, I'd also like to create these parts- probably using a CNC router.

Hmm. maybe I could just import the pdf. Never tried that!

• Courtney JacobsCourtney Jacobs Posts: 903
    edited 2016-03-14 15:32
    Yes, scale is 1:1 for the parts drawing.

Michael, the tutorial is published (http://learn.parallax.com/project/robotic-drawing-arm) but the program he used to create the drawings doesn't support the type of file you're asking for. Matt's new parts download is available in the tutorial now for people to print and use as a guide with any material they may have laying around – even sturdy cardboard, wooden dowels, or popsicle sticks could work.
  • Michael / Matt - If you need a DXF or something with dimensions, I can likely do that for you.
  • Thanks Courtney and J.

As the pdf is 1:1, then an option seems to be tracing the design into a cad package.

Not done that before, but a great time to learn. If I get stuck Jason- will give you a shout!

Unlikely to have much time in the near future, but will share anything I accomplish.