Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BeMicroCV-A9 - Can we use the DE0 Nano - add-on Board with it? — Parallax Forums

BeMicroCV-A9 - Can we use the DE0 Nano - add-on Board with it?

Maybe someone has already done this but my BeMicroCV-A9 showed up today and my first thought was ... if I could use the DE0 Nano board with it . I haven't tried anything yet but I will have a look at the pin-out's and also have a look at the schematic for the DE0 Nano.

Comments

• We haven't assigned a pinout for it yet and when we do then Chip will do a P2 image for this board as well. If I can find some time today I will go over the pinouts for the edge connector as that is the one I am going to use and also the pin header.
  • The header spacing has a 0.1 inch difference between the Be-Micro board and the DE0-Nano.
  • Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
    edited 2016-03-01 02:09
    @Peter

re:We haven't assigned a pinout for it yet and when we do then Chip will do a P2 image for this board as well. If I can find some time today I will go over the pinouts for the edge connector as that is the one I am going to use and also the pin header.

Yes and thanks, I understand that and I'm in no hurry. I was going to try to make an adapter at some point and was just going to explore some optioins.

@ozpropdev

re":The header spacing has a 0.1 inch difference between the Be-Micro board and the DE0-Nano.

that's helpful.
  • It's a pain. There are some photos on p2 or p3 of this thread:-
    http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/150849/bemicro-cv-fpga-board-for-p2
  • re:It's a pain.

Yes, I know however, I was commenting that your comment was helpful. LOL

Thanks! for the link
  • So the answer is a straight "no". There is the 0.1 inch distance difference, and the pinout of one of the 40 pin connectors is definitely not Terasic compatible, it has the ground, power and data pins on different locations
  • rabaggettrabaggett Posts: 96
    edited 2016-03-01 11:08
    Maybe someone has already done this but my BeMicroCV-A9 showed up today and my first thought was ... if I could use the DE0 Nano board with it . I haven't tried anything yet but I will have a look at the pin-out's and also have a look at the schematic for the DE0 Nano.

You just need someone crazy enough. I was looking at the possibility of a breakout for all the pins including a ribbon connection for the 2X13 pin header for the A/D and the 2XX GPIO. It will be stupid simple, and if there is enough real estate left over on an ExpressPCB protoboard to mount the headers, and swap the signals around as needed.....
    There would be 3 of them.....

Yes, this is a somewhat half-baked idea, I've done NO work on this as of yet.