Since I am rolling out a controller board based on P2 plus an 80-pin edge connector for the A9 I think it would be a good idea to use that to also produce another format for general P2 evaluation to aid development. The board would also be designed to fit into some type of enclosure as well. The general-purpose interfaces include:
- USB (smart-pin mode or dumb PS/2)
- USB FTDI high speed serial isolated (or serial Bluetooth)
- WIZnet W5500 Ethernet
- ESP8266 WiFi module
- Dual SD or micro SD cards
- Audio in and out
- Dual 5A MOSFET switched outputs
- Modular breadboard connector (external plug-in breadboards)
Is there anything else useful we can think of?
I will probably have one of my 20x4 serial LCD on-board as well just for rudimentary display.