Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Please consolidate forum complaints and errors to new sub — Parallax Forums

Please consolidate forum complaints and errors to new sub

T ChapT Chap Posts: 4,198
edited 2015-07-08 12:19 in General Discussion
Howdy, strangers...

Why have the forum stigmatized like this ad infinitum?  It takes 60 seconds to add a subgroup to a forum. The best move is to move all forum related threads to a sub, then maybe there can be some sense of sanity.  There is no end in sight for the complaints and errors,  so why subject a. the regular users and b. potential new users to a flood of negativity?  Shouldn't the most prominent thing on the forum be positive, Parallax related subject matter? 

It defies common sense to deliberately invite a stigma to your forum.

Comments

• kwinnkwinn Posts: 8,697
    Howdy, strangers...

Why have the forum stigmatized like this ad infinitum?  It takes 60 seconds to add a subgroup to a forum. The best move is to move all forum related threads to a sub, then maybe there can be some sense of sanity.  There is no end in sight for the complaints and errors,  so why subject a. the regular users and b. potential new users to a flood of negativity?  Shouldn't the most prominent thing on the forum be positive, Parallax related subject matter? 

It defies common sense to deliberately invite a stigma to your forum.

Suggestion seconded, and reserve the first post for things that have been fixed.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    Thirded, and kwinn's sticky post for fixes seconded.
  • At the moment, we're not going to create a new forum or subforum.

If you feel your complaint or error report is important and we haven't yet had anyone mention it, report it. If not, there is no reason to post about it unless your intention is only to stir up additional negative discussion.

To find out what has been fixed, and what is pending, visit the post in Announcements.
  • Stonewall the users and common sense suggestions. Full speed ahead.
  • Heater.Heater. Posts: 21,230
    I like the idea that some places have categories or tags for this and that, perhaps even "General  Discussion", but then they have a "meta" category.
    Meta is where you comment on the functioning of the forum itself. 
    Which is  nice, provided somebody is listening.   

• Stonewall the users and common sense suggestions. Full speed ahead.

I just flagged the offical response down.. :)
  • I miss coming here to get away from trouble tickets haha. 
  • I am a designated responder to forum issues and complaints.

Choosing to up or down vote my responses does not change the fact that I must, as a representative of Parallax, issue a response that you may not appreciate.

I relay information in both directions, as neutrally and as maturely as possible. I appreciate when the sentiment is returned by this community.

• koehlerkoehler Posts: 598
    edited 2015-07-09 04:59

LOL, that understood, and should go with the job.

The only problem is that it seems some people are feeling as though they are seeing some condescension directed at them, and perhaps unilateral decision making on what is/isn't an issue coming from one which outweighs the many ( or several).

The downvote was tongue in cheek, and using the tools provided us, right?

• jmgjmg Posts: 15,140
    At the moment, we're not going to create a new forum or subforum.

and still, no rational reasons given ? Strange how other forums find this quite simple ?

To find out what has been fixed, and what is pending, visit the post in Announcements.

that still lacks any priority ordering.
    Readers have no idea what is being worked on, and what has been tagged as 'under consideration' and ignored.

• Weirdly, this is probably one area where Parallax should be going full-bore on Forum input, as they did on the P2.

Use a Forum category like almost every other Forum out there.

Having a running list, use the vote feature to get input on feature popularity/viability?  

Harness some of the angst or frustration to Parallax' benefit?

The forum change was screwed-up is clear. Now, the team that brought that is in charge of fixing it.
    While there are some professionals giving clear UI analysis, and finding security issues seemingly stonewalled.

I'd joke that there must be something in the water in Rocklin, but I'm just West of them and our's seems to be fine.

• GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2015-07-09 16:35
    I, for one, appreciate the acknowledgement of the issues, but I think the acknowledgement can be just that, without explanation or further detail. For one thing, Parallax's position regarding an issue could change, so saying one thing today only to reverse course tomorrow doesn't look too good. 
    I will concur most forums with this same situation create a temporary category that is later archived, or else they invite comments in a single thread, and monitor that one thread. Parallax's choice of wanting to spread out each issue into its own separate thread is not only unusual, from a user perspective, intrusive to the core goal of the forum. So naturally, there's going to be some blowback if the idea is rejected. From our standpoint, the suggestion sounds quite reasonable, so a "no" is going to be met with criticism.
  • As long as our suggestions coincide with Parallax', its all good...