Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SUGGESTED READING for Jim Ewald, Bump and Ken Gracey: The Ultimate Theme Guide for Vanilla-Forums — Parallax Forums

SUGGESTED READING for Jim Ewald, Bump and Ken Gracey: The Ultimate Theme Guide for Vanilla-Forums

On June 29, 2015, In another Discussion (http://forums.parallax.com/discussion/161335/ouch-is-this-a-hideous-forum-or-what-i-hope-there-is-a-way-to-tweak-layout-skins-whatever/p1)

Ken Gracey said:
Yes, we have a really good reason for the
switch. I'd have to take you back ten months and about 800 hours of work
to fully appreciate it. Bottom line is that this tool imported our
prior work and vBulletin was fully non-upgradeable with our
installation. 
If you could help us work through some
of the issues we'll improve the settings and style. Bump will be here
full-time until we have a comfortable arrangement. 
Ken Gracey 
OK, the Parallax Forums have been migrated from "vBulletin" to "Vanilla-Forums" and Parallax has made the decision to combine a bunch of the "Forums/Sub-Forums" together.

On the positive side, the Migration seems to have met its goal of transitioning ALL of the "vBulletin" posts to "Vanilla-Forums" posts including images.

On the negative side, the style and settings of the new "Vanilla-Forums" forums are a MESS.

Now is the time to fix the style and settings of the new Parallax Forums !!!

According to this document The Ultimate Theme Guide for Vanilla-Forums this seems possible.

I hope Jim Ewald, Bump, Ken Gracey and all the forum users, will take the time to look at the "Ultimate Theme Guide", and make the "Parallax Forums" the "Ultimate Forums" once again.

Comments