Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ReWalk Exoskeleton — Parallax Forums

ReWalk Exoskeleton

WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
edited 2014-09-19 07:37 in Robotics
ReWalk Robotic's IPO is exceeding all expectations at the moment. Value of stock is soaring...

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2014-09-17 14:49
    Fantastic idea and a great video! From http://rewalk.com/products/rewalk-personal/ :

The ReWalk™ Personal System was designed for everyday use in a range of environments. It can be used at home, work, or other locations. It functions outdoors and on different surfaces or terrains. The ReWalk can sit, stand, allows turning and has the ability to climb and descend stairs*. The batteries that supply power are intended for all day use and are recharged overnight. It is customized and sized for each individual user. It is available after meeting requirements from a medical examination and successful completion of the required training program. The company also offers a comprehensive maintenance and warranty program for the system once you take it home.

Stock is down 3 points today. Time to buy?

They may have some competition soon from eLegs:
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2014-09-17 18:19
    Great stuff pal and another great video!
  • GordonMcCombGordonMcComb Posts: 3,366
    edited 2014-09-17 19:39
    This is what robotics is all about, and why I got into it in the first place. The notion that people should be confined to a wheelchair is just plain crazy.

I believe this is true future of robotics, and what's more, it's doable today. Our autonomous desktop bots are a good way for today's students to learn the control dynamics needed for this kind of ground breaking work.

Thanks for the vids!
    edited 2014-09-17 19:47
    Tandy Trower, formerly the big dog at Microsoft Robotics, started a robotics company aimed at caregiving/assisted living, another noble avenue. Haven't heard much yet, some info at http://www.hoaloharobotics.com
  • TtailspinTtailspin Posts: 1,326
    edited 2014-09-17 22:02
    Miracles of Modern Science.:thumb:

Here are some more...
  • photomankcphotomankc Posts: 943
    edited 2014-09-17 22:17
    This is what robotics is all about, and why I got into it in the first place. The notion that people should be confined to a wheelchair is just plain crazy.

I believe this is true future of robotics, and what's more, it's doable today. Our autonomous desktop bots are a good way for today's students to learn the control dynamics needed for this kind of ground breaking work.

Thanks for the vids!

It's really quite amazing to see that happening in my lifetime. It was sci-fi stuff when I was a boy and hobby robots were trashcans with LEDs and a switch or two. I was sitting here the other day remembering being at my dad's workbench wire-wrapping and using old no-copper breadboards to make a chronograph and here I was 28 years later having my own PCBs made with tools that he never had access to all over my bench. The field of robotics is going to take off in the next 25 years too. That's got to be one the most rewarding sides of robotics to be in. To make it possible for a person to stand up again and do that most basic of human things, walk around has got to be quite a feeling.
  • KMyersKMyers Posts: 433
    edited 2014-09-18 11:24
    Thanks for posting these. Very needed here as in many homes unfortunately....
  • Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2014-09-18 13:50
    (snif...snif)

This is what robotics is all about,
    You bet it is.

Golly dang I love technology when applied like this.

-MattG
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2014-09-18 18:21
    And now it is time for innovation, creativity, and student brain power to drive the cost down...

This is another amazing story and to quote one of my favorite authors, "...is what robotics is all about."
    edited 2014-09-19 07:37
    ASU's electric jetpack to help you run faster (?) has its roots in assisting disabled persons, per the video. Bring your crash helmet.

http://www.cnet.com/news/with-this-jetpack-even-you-could-run-a-4-minute-mile