Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Current FPGA emulation and GCC support — Parallax Forums

Current FPGA emulation and GCC support

pedwardpedward Posts: 1,642
edited 2014-03-10 19:02 in Propeller 2
Unfortunately the sticky emulation thread doesn't get updated with new code releases, so I'm kinda stuck on where things are at right now.

I would like to do some C development of bootloaders and encryption for the P2, so I'm interested in the above info.

Q1) Where is the latest FPGA zip and instructions/caveats for it's use on the different FPGA boards?

Q2) What is the current state of GCC support for the P2 and which build script will make a working compiler?

I have the HG repo of GCC checked out already.

--Perry

Comments

• Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2014-03-10 16:07
    pedward wrote: »
    Unfortunately the sticky emulation thread doesn't get updated with new code releases, so I'm kinda stuck on where things are at right now.

I would like to do some C development of bootloaders and encryption for the P2, so I'm interested in the above info.

Q1) Where is the latest FPGA zip and instructions/caveats for it's use on the different FPGA boards?

Q2) What is the current state of GCC support for the P2 and which build script will make a working compiler?

--Perry
    I try to keep the sticky updated with the latest info. AFAIK Post#1 has the link to the latest fpga code (28 Jan 2014).
    Unfortunately I cannot help with GCC info - you will need to wait for Davids reply.
    BTW Anything posted to the sticky that has relevant info, I will usually update to Post#1 within a day or two.
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,253
    edited 2014-03-10 16:13
    I don't think we have a working code generator. David was waiting for either this current image, or the soon to be released one so that the instruction changes will have settled. That's the las I saw from David, who will of course, know the exact state of things.

I'm waiting too. I want to use GCC some, when we get settled.
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-03-10 17:28
    potatohead wrote: »
    I don't think we have a working code generator. David was waiting for either this current image, or the soon to be released one so that the instruction changes will have settled. That's the las I saw from David, who will of course, know the exact state of things.

I'm waiting too. I want to use GCC some, when we get settled.

There is a Feb 06 FPGA package in the hubexec thread. That's the one I've been using (since Feb 06 :0) )
  • Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL)Bob Lawrence (VE1RLL) Posts: 1,720
    edited 2014-03-10 17:49
    re: Latest release

Chip's latest statement earlier today :
    [FONT=Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][/FONT]I've just got to test the T3SAVE/T3LOAD instructions, then update the documentation. So, hopefully early this week.
  • ozpropdevozpropdev Posts: 2,791
    edited 2014-03-10 18:06
    Chip said he would start a new thread on the next release in response to David Betz's request.
    +1 :)
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2014-03-10 19:02
    pedward wrote: »

--Perry
    We ported PropGCC to an earlier version of the P2 instruction set but haven't kept pace with all of the changes so the current P2 support can't be used with the latest FPGA configuration files. Once the instruction set settles down we'll port it again as we have time. Sorry!