Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P2 Test Program Plans?? (Now's the time, while we are waiting) - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

P2 Test Program Plans?? (Now's the time, while we are waiting)

2»

Comments

• Roy ElthamRoy Eltham Posts: 2,996
    edited 2014-03-01 18:48
    I currently have a Stratix III board with adapters for it, but it's not been useful as a P2 testbed for a while because Chip switched over to the DE2-115 and doesn't build for the Stratix anymore.
    I'll be getting a DE2-115 + adapter as soon as Parallax can send them to me. :)

I also prefer github (OpenSpin is moving there in the near future).
  • potatoheadpotatohead Posts: 10,254
    edited 2014-03-01 19:02
    seems like Github works then?
  • David BetzDavid Betz Posts: 14,511
    edited 2014-03-01 19:07
    potatohead wrote: »
    seems like Github works then?
    So it seems. I haven't it as much as Google Code but it seems competent.
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-03-01 19:18
    I don't have any issues with Github. I did like the Download tab in addition to the repository in Google Code (and it is happy to support Git, by the way). But I can move it to GitHub....it's real small! :smile:

Stay tuned for an updated location........

Ok, this post has been updated to reflect the GitHub location.

If you want to be a collaborator (able to edit and push items), you need a GitHub membership. Go here if you don't have one.

If you do have one, send it in a PM or email to: mindrobots at gmail dot com and I will add you.

We'll probably just point to the latest FPGA emulation package from a Wiki entry rather than duplicate the file on GitHub. No Point in hosting it in two places.

Happy Testing!!
    edited 2014-03-01 19:59
    I'm on as "dougdingus" ...my PM box is close to full, trying to avoid those right now, until I can delete.
    edited 2014-03-01 20:03
    I'm on as "dougdingus" ...my PM box is close to full, trying to avoid those right now, until I can delete.

Fair enough, the third option is to post it right here!!

I'll add you in the morning...I'm closed for today as far as being on a PC.
  • Roy ElthamRoy Eltham Posts: 2,996
    edited 2014-03-01 22:11
    Google Code's download tab is being depricated (or has been). Such that you can't make new downloads, only have your existing ones. That's why OpenSpin moved it's downloads to Google Drive.
    edited 2014-03-01 23:15
    Yeah, I read that. Kind of crappy. I really like Mercurial & Google Code. Guess I'll get to like Git! Just haven't needed to use it yet.

@MR: No worries. Thanks for setting up. Ended up just writing PASM tonight on the latest build we've got. Even at this speed, the thing is just fast. So nice!
    edited 2014-03-02 05:39

You are in as a collaborator!

Anybody else want in??? We've got 3 whole people so far!
    edited 2014-03-02 19:25
    Ok, got logged on, looks like a good start. I'm coding right now. Over this next week, I'll start adding to the test repository.
  • TubularTubular Posts: 4,622
    edited 2014-03-02 19:55
    de2 + parallax adapter + terasic hsmc breakout
    de0 + parallax adapter
    edited 2014-03-03 06:26
    I've loaded what I hope is a completes enough directory structure to the GitHub to hopefully be able to find things and not have stuff get lost like it does in the P2 forum threads. Please let me know if it is overkill or underkill. It's a hassle to change stuff around so, please be considerate and flexible.

We're up to a whopping 5 people as of this morning!!

Don't be shy about joining or contributing!!

Thanks!
  • Cluso99Cluso99 Posts: 18,069
    edited 2014-03-03 16:40
    mindrobots:
    Unfortunately, I think most of us are focussed on getting the next release and trying out the features we are interested in.
    I don't know github and atm not wanting to waste the time learning, so I will input via a thread (this one?).
    edited 2014-03-03 17:08
    Cluso99 wrote: »
    mindrobots:
    Unfortunately, I think most of us are focussed on getting the next release and trying out the features we are interested in.
    I don't know github and atm not wanting to waste the time learning, so I will input via a thread (this one?).

That's fine. I completely understand. I don't know GitHub either and I'm learning as I go. Please contribute anything you find or any interesting code snippets you come up with here. If you don't mind, I'd be happy to load them to the GitHub repository.

I'm not good for much more than administration at this point, so I may as well help out with that.
    edited 2014-03-03 17:24
    By all means post up anything you test with. More important to get example code cases than anything else.
    edited 2014-03-03 17:41
    mindrobots wrote: »
    That's fine. I completely understand. I don't know GitHub either and I'm learning as I go. Please contribute anything you find or any interesting code snippets you come up with here. If you don't mind, I'd be happy to load them to the GitHub repository.

I'm not good for much more than administration at this point, so I may as well help out with that.
    Thanks Rick.
    As soon as we get new fpga code, I have two projects to do.
    First is to get my P2 Debugger working again using hubexec instead of LMM. Hopefully this will be useful to others to suspend and examine their code/variables, and then continue.
    Second is to continue with the FS USB code.
    edited 2014-03-03 17:46
    Thanks Rick.
    As soon as we get new fpga code, I have two projects to do.
    First is to get my P2 Debugger working again using hubexec instead of LMM. Hopefully this will be useful to others to suspend and examine their code/variables, and then continue.
    Second is to continue with the FS USB code.

Yes! I could use the debugger about a week ago!!

To anyone: even if you don't want to bother with GitHub for any reason, please post your test code and examples. We all want to share and it will find its way to GitHub!!
    edited 2014-03-04 21:55
    mindrobots,
    If you download my last P2 Debugger and recompile it should work. You can add calls into your code to call the debugger to display anything in cog or hub. It still should run LMM after recompiling because I had been modifying for the new instruction decoding using the Dec release.
  • SapiehaSapieha Posts: 2,964
    edited 2014-03-04 22:20
    Hi Cluso

It don't compile in latest PNut.

Need changes to instructions that modify INSTRUCTIONs

mindrobots,
    If you download my last P2 Debugger and recompile it should work. You can add calls into your code to call the debugger to display anything in cog or hub. It still should run LMM after recompiling because I had been modifying for the new instruction decoding using the Dec release.