Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Solved: PNUT on Wine? Connecting to /dev/ttyUSB0 — Parallax Forums

Solved: PNUT on Wine? Connecting to /dev/ttyUSB0

mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
edited 2014-03-02 08:13 in Propeller 2
I'm trying to get PNUT.exe to run under WINE on Linux Mint 16.

Anybody have an success on making this happen?

I've installed WINE and PNUT runs just fine under it until I want to talk to the nano connected to /dev/ttyUSB0 - of course, at that point it fails. I've tried creating a .wine/config file pointing Com1 to /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyS0 (after linking it to /dev/ttyUSB0). I've tried creating a link in .wine/dosdevices for COM1.

Nothing so far ash worked. PNUT still can't find anything: "No Hardware Found in Com1 through Com9"

Anybody? Anything?

Thanks!

Comments

• Bill HenningBill Henning Posts: 6,445
    edited 2014-03-02 07:48
    Has been working for me under Ubuntu 12.04 for a long time... all I needed was creating the COM1 mapping. I'm not at the office computer right now, I'll check my config file for you next time I am at that computer.
    mindrobots wrote: »
    I'm trying to get PNUT.exe to run under WINE on Linux Mint 16.

Anybody have an success on making this happen?

I've installed WINE and PNUT runs just fine under it until I want to talk to the nano connected to /dev/ttyUSB0 - of course, at that point it fails. I've tried creating a .wine/config file pointing Com1 to /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyS0 (after linking it to /dev/ttyUSB0). I've tried creating a link in .wine/dosdevices for COM1.

Nothing so far ash worked. PNUT still can't find anything: "No Hardware Found in Com1 through Com9"

Anybody? Anything?

Thanks!
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-03-02 07:54
    Has been working for me under Ubuntu 12.04 for a long time... all I needed was creating the COM1 mapping. I'm not at the office computer right now, I'll check my config file for you next time I am at that computer.

Thanks! That would be great. It usually seems it is just a matter of mapping....which I can never get correct! :smile:
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2014-03-02 08:13
    It was as simple as getting the link correct:

ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1

and finding the broken wire connecting the PropPlug!

YAY!!!