Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Any hints to fix the font in Propeller Tool? — Parallax Forums

Any hints to fix the font in Propeller Tool?

Chris B.Chris B. Posts: 18
edited 2013-10-08 06:24 in Propeller 1
Hi, I'm having trouble with the font.

Logged in as Administrator, the Propeller Tool looks good, and the Parallax font appears as a shortcut in my Fonts folder (I don't know what that means, have never seen a shortcut in the Fonts folder before).

Logged in as regular user, the Propeller Tool is a mess with spacing all mixed up, source code is unreadable. And the Parallax font doesn't appear in my Fonts folder.

I searched the Propeller Tool help and the forum before posting, didn't find anything. Seems odd I'm the first ever to run into this. Thanks for any tips!

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• Kevin CookKevin Cook Posts: 159
    edited 2013-10-07 16:23
    Hi Chris,

So, does the tool itself work okay when logged in as Administrator?

When logged in "regular user" have you tried F5 and played with any of the appearance settings?

If all else fails maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall the tool.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2013-10-07 18:43
    I would delete the shortcut to the font, and move the font itself into the fonts folder -- in case the shortcut points to a privileged area on your disk.

-Phil
  • Chris B.Chris B. Posts: 18
    edited 2013-10-08 06:24
    I would delete the shortcut to the font, and move the font itself into the fonts folder -- in case the shortcut points to a privileged area on your disk.

-Phil

I deleted the shortcut and right-clicked and installed Parallax.ttf in the administrator account, but the kerning was still messed up when I started up propeller tool in the non-priviledged account.

But then I looked in my Fonts folder in Control Panel, and the font was missing. Then I tried to install the font, and said "not able to install, parallax.ttf does not appear to be a valid font file."

Then I went into notepad, and the Parallax font was in my choices, even though it isn't in my Fonts folder. I chose it, typed a few letters, closed notepad.

And, behold, the font was magically fixed in propeller tool without even having to close and reopen the program. I don't know what fixed it, maybe "touching" Parallax font by choosing it in notepad? Maybe the try-and-fail install? Who knows.

Thank you for the tip to delete the shortcut and actually install the font, I figure that was definitely part of the solution. Wonder why the font is still not visible in the Fonts folder, but don't really care at this point...

Need to figure out how to change this to "solved."

Best regards,
    Chris
  • I just had this problem in V2.4.1.

It cropped up after I uninstalled the P1 only tool.

Parallax font wasn't available for selection in notepad or the font list.

I uninstalled V2.4.1 and reinstalled and that fixed it. Maybe uninstalling the P1 tool took away the font, sort of..?