Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how can i delete data from RFID tag? — Parallax Forums

how can i delete data from RFID tag?

ahmadsarang90ahmadsarang90 Posts: 4
edited 2013-08-01 09:23 in General Discussion
I have a project regarding RFID Tag and I have used RFID read/write.
So i have the ability to write data into the RFID Tag. For some reason, i need to clear back what i have write into the RFID tag except the RFID Tag id.
I hope someone from parallax forum can hep me to solve this problem.

Thank You

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2013-04-03 05:06
    There is no clear or delete operation. The RFID tag acts like a memory that reads and writes 4 bytes at a time with the normal tags containing 116 bytes of memory (addresses 3-31). If you want to remove the information in the tag, you have to write new information (like zeroes) to the locations you want to clear.
  • darkslukedarksluke Posts: 5
    edited 2013-07-13 00:57
    How many times could you actually rewrite data into RFID R/W 54mm x 85mm Rectangle Tag?

• ahmedtausifahmedtausif Posts: 1
    edited 2013-08-01 05:45
    i am trying to rewrite but unable to write back either data or and zero values. anyone able to re-write into tags?
  • Duane DegnDuane Degn Posts: 10,588
    edited 2013-08-01 08:51
    darksluke wrote: »
    How many times could you actually rewrite data into RFID R/W 54mm x 85mm Rectangle Tag?

There's a link to a datasheet in the tag documentation. The datasheets claims the chip used can be rewritten at least 100,000.

This device should be able to write new information to the card. I haven't used these devices myself. I'd think you'd use the same technique you used to write zeros to the card to write new information.
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2013-08-01 09:23
    i am trying to rewrite but unable to write back either data or and zero values. anyone able to re-write into tags?

Which Parallax products are you using. Some tags are read only, some are read/write.

Also the RFID reader makes a difference. Some can write, some can not.
  • What's the difference between a tag RFID chip and a card(eg.credit card) RFID chip?
  • Parallax RFID products vary. Some are read/write and some are read only. Tell me which ones you currently are having the issue with and I can tell you if the are read only.