Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ping)))Dar - a Radar Style Display - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Ping)))Dar - a Radar Style Display

2»

Comments

• tronsnavytronsnavy Posts: 70
    edited 2009-11-02 23:40
    If you have used this program, did you have any difficulty?· Been about a month.... decided to check back for feedback.... been working on PASM projects and haven't had time to check.·
    Anyway...
    ·
    - I know that the variables could be more user friendly?
    - I know that "Stamps In Class" is probably not the right forum (put in Propeller Forum?)... and maybe add to OBX as an example of "POLAR to CARTISIAN" and "USE OF SCALING (with explanation)?
    - Also know that the "scaling" could use more explanation?
    ·
    Provide feedback if you think the above recommendations need to be addressed or if you think something else needs to be addressed.· Thanks.
    ·
    Bob
  • Redd DawgRedd Dawg Posts: 26
    edited 2009-11-10 19:14
    So what we need now is two discs that maintain the three contacts between the Ping))) and the wire, so we can have continuous rotation Ping)))dar.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • CampeckCampeck Posts: 111
    edited 2009-12-15 18:56
    I just pasted the program into my basic stamp and my servo is acting more like a sprinkler head then a radar. it moves back and forth about 30 deg while over all moving from far right to left. and then does it back again.
  • tronsnavytronsnavy Posts: 70
    edited 2009-12-18 23:31
    Campeck,

Get a prop proto board and try this program.· Prop is a lot faster.

All,

Working CCNA certification.· Wish I had more time for Prop projects.· Merry Christmas.

Bob
  • geneshultsgeneshults Posts: 22
    edited 2011-03-21 21:33
    Has any one tried to use StamPlot with the Ping Dar Radar Style Display?
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2011-04-05 17:01
    nkBotMan wrote: »
    I was on youtube the other day and found some BOE Bots roaming, using the ping dar for object avoidance. I was wondering if anyone would have some source code to point me in the right direction on how to go about doing that.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Try the "Roaming with the PING)))" zip file on the Ping))) sensor product page.

You might also like the "Scan and Go To Closest Object" chapter of the Stamps in Class Mini Projects book. The book and code are both posted for free download.

Have fun!

-Steph
  • BeemoBeemo Posts: 5
    edited 2013-06-14 16:40
    OK, I'm a little late...
    I need help. When I run TestPingDirection.bs2, my ping servo goes in circles when its supposed to go only 0 degrees and then 180 degrees. Changing the LimitLeft and LimitRight values does not stop it from going in circles. Any solutions?

P.S. For the TestPingDirections.bs2, changing the counter values in the FOR...NEXT statements helped but there's no was to express that in PING)))DAR.bs2
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2013-06-14 18:45
    Beemo: I'm guessing that you're using a continuous rotation (CR) servo, not a standard servo. CR servos are special servos that are used for drive wheels to rotate continuously forward or backward. Speed and direction are controlled by the PULSOUT value. PULSOUT 750 on a BS2 should stop the servo, and 500 and 1000 should be full forwrad and reverse (relatively). The standard servo (used on the PING-dar) only rotates about 180 degrees (half turn), position based on the PULSOUT value 500-1000.
  • BeemoBeemo Posts: 5
    edited 2013-06-14 19:14
    Oh, wow! Thanks alot for that! I was using a continuous rotation servo, so I guess I have to get those standard servos... Thanks, again!
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2013-06-14 22:03
    XLNT, and welcome to the Forum!
  • 72sonett72sonett Posts: 82
    edited 2014-09-03 14:15
    Interesting topic...
    Another approach would be to place a cup, a box and a third object in known (X,Y) positions of a Cartesian coordinate system, make the BOE bot measure the distances to the objects and then calculate its own x,y position using resection.

The biggest problem would be to identify each object.
  • edited 2014-09-04 13:42
    Yes indeed, that's a very cool project idea, not to mention a project to keep some advanced students occupied for a while. Thanks for mentioning it.