Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Progress? — Parallax Forums

Progress?

TymkrsTymkrs Posts: 539
edited 2013-07-08 00:42 in Announcements
Hey everyone!

Whenever I check the forums I always make a pitstop to see what's new and shiny in the Micromedic forums - wanted to see how everyone's projects were coming along?

Comments

• GrandeNurseGrandeNurse Posts: 110
    edited 2013-05-24 15:12
    Project status:
    1. Metrics / chart show 3 week schedule slip
    2. Not all members of the project team are working the same effort
    3. A project (maybe a subset of original plan) can still be submitted for project ID before end of June 2013
    4. Integration of working sub-section prototypes can still be integrated by the end of July 2013
    5. Core functionality (Temperature, Pulse Rate, Breathing Rate, Blood Pressure, O2 stats, data storage (micro-SD), touch graphics screen, audio output) working with non-integrated processors and/or software.
    6. Advanced functionality (data base, expert-system (rule based fuzzy logic), calming-direction-oriented user interface) are not fully implemented [either don't completely fit in the ram/SD-card storage allocated, or are so slow the patient/staff would have thrown the device away].
  • Invent-O-DocInvent-O-Doc Posts: 768
    edited 2013-05-25 06:14
    Good thinking.. The time remaining to enter is coming to an end and submissions will be due soon. I'd love to hear how some of you are doing with your projects? Updates anyone?
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-05-25 11:00
    I have a good portion of my coding completed. I have decided to use Servos to make lung/heart movement inside my mannequin (Not yet acquired but I have a few leads). My air line currently sends air through a tube to the pressure sensor which in turn starts the servos moving and plays a wav file. Still need to get my sound files converted and programmed to run from remote control. I do not think I will have time to get my ID portion completed but I will try.
    edited 2013-05-26 17:52
    Parallax: How many ID's have been issued ? How many completed projects have been turned in ? Are all the other projects experiencing schedule slip also ?
  • TymkrsTymkrs Posts: 539
    edited 2013-05-27 02:37
    Mine is mostly waiting on my pcbs to come back from the fabs, and then testing to make sure it works!! Code is 90% done, and while waiting, I've been working on documentation :)
  • DDesignsDDesigns Posts: 3
    edited 2013-05-28 06:53
    In my case, as soon as I began research on my topic I found that it was well addressed so I changed my mind and went with a new project concept. (Something I had cooling on the back burner for awhile.)

Today it's basically done and working. Ok, you can always fiddle around and make it better, but after several rebuilds I've decided to quit spending money on different parts and go with what I have. If someone finds it amazing, I can always go "better-smaller-faster-...".

I'm working on things like the report and the video.
    I see no problem with having a submission in on time.
    edited 2013-05-28 14:14
    Glad to hear. Looking forward to seeing the PCBs
    edited 2013-05-29 21:53
    The nurses I showed the project to were SUPER hyped with just rev1 :D. Can't wait to be able to show the final project!
  • RaymanRayman Posts: 13,800
    edited 2013-06-08 10:48
    I making some progess with a circuit board design... Decided that I needed a bunch of filters and amps to make the PulseOx and pressure sensors into easy to work with signals.
    Here, I'm trying to squeeze in an EKG circuit too. There's one MPC3204 ADC to read the outputs of PulseOx, pressure and EKG.

It's a tight fit to get this all in an ExpressPCB miniboard size PCB, but I think it barely fits:
    Almost_Routed.jpg

This exercise makes me want to learn how to use Eagle and get some autorouting...
    1024 x 601 - 156K
    edited 2013-06-10 18:59
    Well I'm still showing schedule slip and really don't want to remove a specific section, so I'll ask the question:

ANYONE GOT A WORKING EEG brain signal circuit (not EKG/ECG for the heart)? My circuits are either picking up RF noise or the filters are not working. The Op Amps and filters are the same I used on the EKG circuits, just different values for frequencies. EKG works well, in fact all the other sense circuits seem to be stable (though still too big). My EEG was to detect real PAIN level and brain activity.
    edited 2013-06-12 15:50
    Hi GrandNurse - you can always hack a neurosky. They are fairly reasonable in cost and can pick up three things.
    edited 2013-06-13 08:23
    Thanks but I think I've isolated most (not all) of the issues: A floating ground on the ADS1299 (this is a 0.5 pitch part which is about the limit of what I can etch at home), and BIG NOISE coming in from the USB port (which went away when I test with it DISCONNECTED).
    edited 2013-06-23 06:57
    Question on documentation - would it be preferable to have a complete bill of materials, or would that be overkill?
    edited 2013-06-25 09:55
    Nothing is overkill when you are competing.
  • borisgborisg Posts: 39
    edited 2013-07-08 00:42
    Will likely have a crude working version of my ambulatory physiologic monitor in the next week or so. Problems have been either my misreading the documentation in my impatience to start coding, or, as I found out today, the A/D chip in the BOE may have a different I2C address than expected (3 days lost on that little problem) and I was one of the lucky people who had that chip. Also, context switching between medicine and programming is harder to do as I get older and I've learned the hard way that after putting in 15 hours at the hospital one shouldn't do any programming. Lots of little subprojects that I plan on completing in the future and the Propeller is a really fun platform to develop code on.