Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question about project acceptance — Parallax Forums

Question about project acceptance

NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
edited 2013-03-29 08:25 in Announcements
So how will I know if my project idea was accepted and whether or not I qualify for the free Micro Medic Parts Kit?

Comments

• EmilyKurzeEmilyKurze Posts: 127
    edited 2013-03-13 09:38
    There is a bi-weekly review session. The next review will be next Tuesday (3/19). Once the decisions have been made those receiving a free kit will be notified in the days following the review. Hope this helps.
  • Invent-O-DocInvent-O-Doc Posts: 768
    edited 2013-03-13 14:02
    All ideas are accepted. So far just about every one who has bothered with a video has gotten a kit. We will get more selective when they start running out. By the way, you can submit anything to the contest, there is no review or pre-selection of your topic prior to judging.

Sometimes, I try to offer helpful suggestions when a submission comes in.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-03-13 14:08
    I submitted my application with a link to a video. I then got an email from Ken that the link was not showing up correctly. I sent him a direct link to the video but I am not sure if he got it or not.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2013-03-13 15:39
    NWCCTV wrote: »
    I submitted my application with a link to a video. I then got an email from Ken that the link was not showing up correctly. I sent him a direct link to the video but I am not sure if he got it or not.

Hey Andy, yep, I got the video but it had some rendering problem on my computer and so I only had audio. But that's okay - I forwarded the link to the microMedic project team and they'll let you know if they have trouble viewing it. Like Invent-O-Doc said, most everything gets accepted unless it's incomplete.
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2013-03-26 14:06
    Great news!!! My project idea was accepted and I was told I will be getting a free kit. Just wondering if I am suppose to get a tracking number when it ships. I want to make sure I am homw when it arrives.
  • Invent-O-DocInvent-O-Doc Posts: 768
    edited 2013-03-29 08:25
    Glad to hear. An update. We had our first rejected topics last cycle. If something looks like it is dangerous to do like being invasive to humans or working with very high voltage/current then we may not accept the application.

That said, some really nice ideas came in over the last few days.....