Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Javelin Terminal for the USB Boe-Bot — Parallax Forums

Javelin Terminal for the USB Boe-Bot

KethoKetho Posts: 5
edited 2012-12-25 07:13 in General Discussion
I'm experiencing the same problem as in the other two (sticky) threads. I didn't want to necro them, and the forums seem .. quite peaceful.
Sadly I didn't really understand what was being described in the other threads, and hope someone is still willingly to summarize or explain it in layman's terms. At school we have the (USB) Boe-Bot, and I want to program it with the Javelin Stamp IDE. However the Javelin Terminal won't "respond" to any input from Terminal.getChar()
I tried some of the solutions in the other threads, including updating to Peter Verkaik's Terminal.java‎, or the Javelin_usbtest.exe, but I didn't get any wiser from it.
  • Do I have to update any of the Javelin Stamp files?
  • Do I still have to solder anything? Although I don't think I'm allowed to do something like that.
This is my test code
import stamp.core.*;

public class TestTerminal
{
        public static void main()
        {
                System.out.println("Hello World!");
                while (true)
                {
                        System.out.print("test ");
                        System.out.println(Terminal.getChar());
                }
        }
}

This is my Identify window.
1XmdM.png

And this is a picture of my Board of Education Boe-Bot. (I don't know what Rev or model it is)
dFYHm.jpg

I'm a student that has to do a Navigate in a Maze assignment, and it would be a great help if I could use the Javelin Terminal for debugging.

testing, testing, testing...

Comments

• 4x5n4x5n Posts: 745
    edited 2012-12-23 15:41
    I've seen a few threads about problems with java stamps on boards intended for basic stamps using USB. Anyone know if there's a solution?
  • jmspaggijmspaggi Posts: 629
    edited 2012-12-24 07:55
    I'm using the Basic Stamp Super Carrier for my javelins, and I don't have any issue with them.

They are known to have the regulator a bit hot, but so far, everything seems to be fine for me.

I don't know for the other basic stamp board.

JM
  • 4x5n4x5n Posts: 745
    edited 2012-12-24 11:50
    jmspaggi wrote: »
    I'm using the Basic Stamp Super Carrier for my javelins, and I don't have any issue with them.

They are known to have the regulator a bit hot, but so far, everything seems to be fine for me.

I don't know for the other basic stamp board.

JM

Thanks for confirming that at least the boards that connect via serial ports work right. The reason I asked was that I saw a few old threads (including a sticky thread) about problems with boards that are USB connected.
  • jmspaggijmspaggi Posts: 629
    edited 2012-12-25 07:13
    Sorry, I never tried any USB connection with the Javelin.

All the boards I have are with serial connection.