Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Tremendous appreciation to our customers and friends who attended Parallax EXPO/UPEW - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Tremendous appreciation to our customers and friends who attended Parallax EXPO/UPEW

2»

Comments

• Matt GillilandMatt Gilliland Posts: 1,406
    edited 2012-04-17 10:22
    WBA said:
    Funny thing is that I saw you and your shirt and thought "cool, I have seen that somewhere before".
    Exactly! Me too! Dang!
    -MattG
  • davejamesdavejames Posts: 4,045
    edited 2012-04-17 11:13
    Exactly! Me too! Dang!

:lol:

Well Sir - you were inundated with people. Otherwise I would have said "hi".

FYI - for those interested in doing similar with t-shirts, Staples makes it real easy. Not super-cheap, but for the one-off shirt for this type of event I found the cost reasonable.

I'm guessing other "office stores" have equal offerings.
  • vanmunchvanmunch Posts: 568
    edited 2012-04-17 13:59
    My wife and I had a great time! Thanks everyone!!! So tired.... :)
    edited 2012-04-17 16:05
    Hey vanmunch - any chance of getting a copy of our video interview?

Glad you made it home, safe & sound.
  • vanmunchvanmunch Posts: 568
    edited 2012-04-18 18:00
    Here's a link to the talk where Ken & co. talked about the medical contest:

http://youtu.be/06RkvzaZeSk

@ Davejames
    Sure, the video is 340 mb, where do you want me to send it? Do you have a "DropBox" account? The intro level is free (that's what I have).
    edited 2012-04-18 22:34
    vanmunch wrote: »
    Do you have a "DropBox" account?

Yes I do...account PM'd.

Thanks!
  • Roy ElthamRoy Eltham Posts: 2,996
    edited 2012-04-19 01:08
    These expo's get better every year. I had a super awesome time! I talked to more people than ever before, because everyone was interested in the 3d printer.
    Thanks, Ken, Jeff, Lauren, Emily, Matt, and everyone else!
  • User NameUser Name Posts: 1,451
    edited 2012-04-19 10:14
    So can erco's badge printer be put to use drafting PCB traces? Sharpie ink is a decent etch-resist.
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2012-04-19 10:23
    Sure, if you have all day and can live with the curvilinear distortion! :) I'll have to make a video of it printing, it's no speed demon. Which makes it all the more amazing to me that kids lined up to make a badge, even as slow as it is.

I just ordered a 1.5W laser to see how fast that could etch/burn wood to "print" on wood. That would use a pan/tilt device instead of pivoting arms, so no curvilinear distortion. Some spherical distortion, depending on distance from laser to target.
  • mindrobotsmindrobots Posts: 6,506
    edited 2012-04-19 10:27
    A laser??? Nifty! It will be like toward the end of "The Andromeda Strain" when they have to climb up the core of the isolation facility....and dodge the lasers!! Oooooh! The videos on Youtube could go viral!!
    edited 2012-04-19 11:08
    erco wrote: »
    Sure, if you have all day and can live with the curvilinear distortion! :)
    From what I've gathered from the forum, having all day seems to be the first requirement in making your own PCBs. :)

But you make good points. Perhaps drawer slides - one large set and one small set - would be the ticket. Gotta waste some time and capital somehow...
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,244
    edited 2012-04-19 14:50
    @User Name: You're not the only one who thought about making PCBs this way! 'Ave you a cousin named Colin in Yorkshire, Guv'nuh? Or perhaps Nigel? :)

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?20951-Robot-Arm-Printer&p=201981&viewfull=1#post201981
    edited 2012-04-19 15:38
    @erco: Aye! Me mum wore a brit.

Hey, that was great seeing your arm at work! Gives me all sorts of ideas.
  • TymkrsTymkrs Posts: 539
    edited 2012-04-22 19:00
    I know it's been a bit since anyone's posted, but we have just now gotten home from our road trip including the Expo! It was a TON of fun to meet everyone and to see all of the awesome projects that people have been working on. As many have mentioned already, everyone was as nice as could be and we thoroughly enjoyed getting a chance to talk to people we've only previously talked to online. We have a whole bunch of videos and pictures that we'll be putting up in our videos/sites, and hope to continue talking to the many folks we met (and more!)

And thanks to Parallax, without whom, none of this would have been possible!