Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
P.I.N.K - New Docs, Updated Firmware, Sale Price — Parallax Forums

P.I.N.K - New Docs, Updated Firmware, Sale Price

Lauren DavisLauren Davis Posts: 313
edited 2007-09-14 16:02 in Announcements
P.I.N.K - New Docs, Updated Firmware, Sale Price

···· ··· attachment.php?attachmentid=49298·

The Parallax Internet NetBurner Kit (P.I.N.K) is an Embedded Web Server which enables your BASIC Stamp®, SX or Propeller Microcontroller to communicate over a network or even the Internet. The PINK Module allows your microcontroller to send e-mail or UDP messages to alert you to events or provide status messages. Communication with the host controller is done using a simple TTL serial interface.

The P.I.N.K·is now on sale for $99.00. Sale ends 10/16/07.

Visit http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30013·to purchase the product or to download new documents and updated firmware.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
·
Lauren Davis
Marketing Manager
Parallax, Inc.
916-624-8333
ldavis@parallax.com
·
450 x 373 - 93K

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2007-09-14 16:02
    Hello everyone,

There have been quite a few questions regarding those who have the PINK Modules with the older firmware. In your interest in the new firmware please consider whether anything in the list of changes below is something required for your application. If so we can update existing modules without charge. Please bear in mind that this is a feature enhancement and not a bug fix update. Customers will be responsible for shipping both ways of the PINK Modules they wish to have updated. If you have any questions, please e-mail me at the address to the left. Take care.

Firmware V1.1 Changes
    o E-Mail Authentication Supported (Plain Text, non-SSL)
    o Current IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS available as variables
    o UDP Port can now be changed to any valid port number
    o Variable for IP Address of last incoming UDP Packet
    o Minor Code Enhancements (Performance & BASIC Stamp Compatibility)
    As a note to the updates regarding BASIC Stamp compatibility…the BS2 is slower to respond to serial responses when formatters are present making it difficult to receive a string return in time in some cases. The firmware was adjusted to allow sufficient time for the BS2 to prepare for a formatted string respose.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support