Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hydra Asset Manager released! - Page 3 — Parallax Forums

Hydra Asset Manager released!

13»

Comments

• epmoyerepmoyer Posts: 314
    edited 2007-06-21 05:23
    Rich,

I am using HAM for the next SpaceWar! release. Trying to get a version out tonight. I have run into several bugs with 1.07 so I've switched back to 1.06 for now.

1) The app searches the current directory for the HAM driver, but the current directory changes if you load a project or assets from a directory other than the one HAM is stored in. If I load a project from another directory and then try to upload the driver, HAM fails to find it.

2) The Memory Map does not scale when I change the EEPROM size. It seems appears to always be scaled for 64K, but I am using 128K (Hydra).

3) When I tried using the benson_ham_driver_1_07.spin & eeprom files in your most recent post (3 posts back) the driver never started on my Hydra (screen stayed black). I switched back to the driver in the 1.07 release .zip and that one worked fine for what I was doing.

4) If you run Help->About it also searches the current directory for the .rtf help file. Again if you've loaded a project file from another directory it can't find the help file anymore.
  • BaggersBaggers Posts: 3,019
    edited 2007-06-21 08:15
    Hi Epmoyer, the 3 posts back version is my version, I forgot to change it back from Protoboard to Hydra setup
    So it'll have wrong clock speed and wrong pins for TV out.

I've attached Hydra versions, let me know if this fixes it.

Cheers and soz blush.gif

Baggers.
  • KeeblerKeebler Posts: 58
    edited 2007-06-21 14:36
    epmoyer said...
    Rich,

I am using HAM for the next SpaceWar! release. Trying to get a version out tonight. I have run into several bugs with 1.07 so I've switched back to 1.06 for now.

1) The app searches the current directory for the HAM driver, but the current directory changes if you load a project or assets from a directory other than the one HAM is stored in. If I load a project from another directory and then try to upload the driver, HAM fails to find it.

2) The Memory Map does not scale when I change the EEPROM size. It seems appears to always be scaled for 64K, but I am using 128K (Hydra).

3) When I tried using the benson_ham_driver_1_07.spin & eeprom files in your most recent post (3 posts back) the driver never started on my Hydra (screen stayed black). I switched back to the driver in the 1.07 release .zip and that one worked fine for what I was doing.

4) If you run Help->About it also searches the current directory for the .rtf help file. Again if you've loaded a project file from another directory it can't find the help file anymore.
    Ah, I'll have to fix that current directory logic.·
    As for the memory map, does it correct itself if you hit PgUp/PgDn?· I may have forgot a refresh call after the size changes.
    I need to incorporate Baggers fixes into a new official release instead of this 1.07 + forum attachments version [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Rich
  • epmoyerepmoyer Posts: 314
    edited 2007-06-21 16:04
    Yup! PgUp/PgDn fixes the scaling. I like the way the asset names collect on the top of the window as you scroll down; that looks really cool.

SpaceWar! has gone HAM as of version 2.5, and uses the upper EEPROM memory to store its title screen, option screen, and music assets. Thanks of all your hard work.
    edited 2007-06-21 19:25
    epmoyer said...
    Yup! PgUp/PgDn fixes the scaling. I like the way the asset names collect on the top of the window as you scroll down; that looks really cool.

SpaceWar! has gone HAM as of version 2.5, and uses the upper EEPROM memory to store its title screen, option screen, and music assets. Thanks of all your hard work.
    Excellent!
    edited 2008-01-22 07:25
    Everyone still doing ok with HAM? I haven't heard a peep in a while. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2008-01-22 18:45
    This is the only recent discussion of it: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=702739

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Paul Baker
    Propeller Applications Engineer

Parallax, Inc.
    edited 2008-01-26 18:55
    FYI, the first post has been updated to include the 1.0.8. release.

epmoyer, the current directory logic has been fixed.

Baggers, thanks for the updated .eeprom and .spin. Those have been included in the 1.0.8. release. One side note, the video settings were causing problems so I had to change them back to what I had in 1.0.7. Not sure what effect that will have on the non-Hydra people.

Looks like you still had wireless video enabled as well as having some tweaks to the normal video flags.
                             long    %011_0001       'pins - wireless video
    '                        long    %001_0101       'pins - normal video 

1.0.8 is back to these settings.
    '                        long    %011_0001       'pins - wireless video
                             long    %011_0000       'pins - normal video 

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=628778

Post Edited (Keebler) : 5/19/2008 11:54:19 PM GMT
    edited 2008-05-26 20:08
    Version 1.0.9 is available.

Here's a download link. I updated the first post as well.
    http://forums.parallax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=90044&d=1330294165

This fixes a few bugs that Marko Lukat pointed out.
    • You couldn't add an asset at the end of memory if it was a perfect fit.
    • Various issues with the zoom level and different memory sizes.
    • I also removed the check that prevented project files from older versions from loading. This will be reworked if/when the project format changes or I'll move to a tag-based, change-tolerant version.
    edited 2012-02-26 14:10
    Just a heads up, the download link isn't working because Verizon seems to have removed the file from my webspace.

I'm attaching the latest version.
    HAM_1_09.zip
  • Hi Everyone, it is 5 years since this page in the forum has been used but I have just come across this page and the references to "Hydra Asset Manager" and some of the functions seem ideal for my project but I can't find the latest source code anywhere to give it a try. There seems to be nothing in the Object Exchange and most of the references in the discussion go to Blank pages except for "benson_ham_driver_1_07" .eeprom & .spin but can see that there is at least a version "HAM_1_09.zip" mentioned that I can't find. Anyone have a latter version they can upload and does anyone here know anything about how to use this program? Long shot I know but I thought it was asking. Thanks all
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2017-04-28 16:07
    Here is HAM_1_09. There is a .rtf file in the zip with some instructions.