Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
VGA modes — Parallax Forums

VGA modes

El PaisaEl Paisa Posts: 375
edited 2006-07-01 16:21 in Propeller 1
After I received my VGA monitor and look at the different VGA programs, I found the complete lack of consistency in those programs.

Only one program that uses the 'VGA_high-res_text_driver' which gives you a choice of resolutions.
Most of the programs dont even specify for which mode the program was writen for.

I sugest that those people writing programs for the VGA give the options of resolutions like 'VGA_high-res_text_driver'

This eliminates the agravation of the program not running· and trying to guess which resolution the program was writen for.

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-07-01 15:18
    El Paisa,
    This is a very good point.
    The Propeller IDE, 'Spin', has been aware enough to include a documentation space withing each program/object.

I guess all are too excited and want to submit the program to other users without taking the time to document. Video is certainly an area that suffers as there are lots of formats. Outside of NTSC, there is a huge variety.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "If you want more fiber, eat the package.· Not enough?· Eat the manual."········
    ···················· Tropical regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2006-07-01 16:21
    The Propellor object library is in the "demonstration" stage at the moment. Most of the stuff in there was done as a demonstration that it's possible. This is particularly true of the VGA/video/tv objects. It will probably take some months of experience by the people who frequent this forum before a consensus forms about what some of these "functions" should do. For now, treat the object library as examples and, as you work with some of the objects, think about how you would like them to be different, what parts of them you like and work with your needs and what parts don't. Then, start a discussion thread with your ideas and thoughts. You'll find there are lots of different opinions, many of them quite thoughtful and based on a lot of experience and a few that are not at all. We'll all be the better for the discussion and the library will evolve as well.