Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller kudos — Parallax Forums

Propeller kudos

BuddhaBuddha Posts: 25
edited 2006-07-01 14:21 in Propeller 1
I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to everyone involved with the Propeller hardware and software. Every aspect of the Propeller development experience shines with technical excellence and professionalism. The chip design, free ultra-stable IDE with built-in archiving (including archiving itself - brilliant!), the sales team, the support we get on these forums, and the demo board are all as high-quality as I could ever hope to expect.

This Propeller board that arrived today is my first Parallax product, and I've never been more impressed with a new piece of hardware. As a professional game developer, I'm used to working with buggy development environments and rushed-to-market hardware and software, and have to say that there aren't many times where the developers and engineers take the time to do the "right thing" in every aspect of a system.

The openness with which information is dispensed is refreshing, to say the least. The fact that I could immediately get my hands on a "propeller_guts.pdf" document and even get low-level questions answered in a timely fashion by the actual designer raises the bar about as high as it can go.

You guys should give yourselves a pat on the back... The Propeller product is a damn fine achievement, and you've earned my respect.

Comments

• CJCJ Posts: 470
    edited 2006-07-01 12:39
    they're all too busy spinning to pat themselves on the back smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Who says you have to have knowledge to use it?

I've killed a fly with my bare mind.
  • Oliver H. BaileyOliver H. Bailey Posts: 107
    edited 2006-07-01 13:27
    Hi Buddha,
    The thought and care that go into Parallax products are second to none, their products are of excellent quality and so is their support. As an author that is one reason I love their products. But they are also a very nice group of people with high standards and ethics. And finally, I been though most of their manuals which are also of the highest quality. Parallax is a model of what an American company should be. I think you will both enjoy using their products and participating in their userforums.

Oloiver
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-07-01 14:21
    I've been playing with their stamp gear for a while and just recently went to the SX thinking that'd be the 'end of my line'....but then they go and put the spin on sale!! Eagerly awaiting it to start playing...sadly, I'm a kid in a candy store and may never learn the SX now that I have the propellor!

Parallax is fantastic!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."