Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bitmap VGA driver 512x384 - 1 COG / 48 asm instructions — Parallax Forums

Bitmap VGA driver 512x384 - 1 COG / 48 asm instructions

cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
edited 2006-06-09 13:24 in Propeller 1
Here is a really simple 512 x 384 VGA bitmap driver that generates a 1024x768 signal at 67Hz - perfect for 15" LCDs.

I've been·gearing up·to get waveforms on a VGA screen, so I made this driver. It uses one bit per pixel and still eats 75% of the main RAM. 8KB is left over for code. The VGA driver assembly program runs in a single cog and is only 48 instructions long. It's very simple, but it's all that's needed for this app. Next, I want to digitize the microphone on the Demo Board and make an auto-gain scope display.

I need to make a version of graphics.spin that works on one-bit pixels, too. I think the scalable vector text would like nice in higher-than-tv resolution. That might be next.

BTW, we got several thousand DIP Propeller chips in, finally, so we'll start filling those orders. We've got the other two packages in stock, also, with many more chips on the way.

·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Chip Gracey
Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Chip Gracey (Parallax)) : 6/6/2006 8:23:49 AM GMT

Comments

• kerrywkerryw Posts: 61
    edited 2006-06-06 22:19
    Great work Chip! I'm looking forward to trying this out tonight.

Kerry
  • JamesxJamesx Posts: 132
    edited 2006-06-09 13:24
    Chip:

I've been waiting for such a wave-form drawing object, as you describe above.· That's what I really need for an application I'm working on.·

Thanks for the continuing efforts.

Jim C