Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller tool requests — Parallax Forums

Propeller tool requests

SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
edited 2006-05-19 13:10 in Propeller 1
A couple requests for changes to Propeller Tool.

1) Double-clicking to select a word should not consider the underscore character to be a word delimiter. Since the underscore is a valid part of a label or a number, the user is almost always going to want to select the entire number or label when double-clicking.

2) Unchecking "Color" in the print dialog should turn off the background colors everywhere, not just under areas with text. Ideally I'd like a separate checkbox to turn off just the colored backgrounds but leave syntax coloring enabled. It would use a lot less ink.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-05-19 07:23
    Regarding Item #2, my printer does the same thing.
    If I turn off the color print within its menu, any background that is unrelated to a particular character still gets printed.

Not only do I waste the color ink, it is even harder to read than plain old black and white.
    For now, I just print in all color.

I may try cut and paste to Notepad as another interim remedy.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • SSteveSSteve Posts: 808
    edited 2006-05-19 07:39
    Kramer said...
    Regarding Item #2, my printer does the same thing.
    It happens in Print Preview too, so I don't think it's related to any specific printer.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    OS-X: because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
  • cocokiwicocokiwi Posts: 75
    edited 2006-05-19 13:10
    SSteve said...
    A couple requests for changes to Propeller Tool.

1) Double-clicking to select a word should not consider the underscore character to be a word delimiter. Since the underscore is a valid part of a label or a number, the user is almost always going to want to select the entire number or label when double-clicking.

2) Unchecking "Color" in the print dialog should turn off the background colors everywhere, not just under areas with text. Ideally I'd like a separate checkbox to turn off just the colored backgrounds but leave syntax coloring enabled. It would use a lot less ink.

nono.gif····· ANOTHER pet Peeve of mine,Put a DELAY fadeout time on Idiot BOXES instead of having to hit OK everytime a BOX pops up.
    ···· if I,m testing the RES cause the darn prop is not being recognized,I don't want to keep hitting OK all the time to reset it so I can send
    ···· a pulse to the darn thing,what is wrong with·putting a Delay of x amount before going away?·And it could be tick boxed as to
    ··· ·choice either/or and a drop down to set the delay!yeah.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    http://people.delphiforums.com/cocokiwi/Image/picture.jpg