Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Can it act as a PLL? — Parallax Forums

Can it act as a PLL?

Martin HebelMartin Hebel Posts: 1,239
edited 2006-04-04 17:16 in Propeller 1
Hi all,
My higher engineering skills aren't all that hot, but we have need to be able to perform some frequency descrimination for an underwater communications device we are working on.· Essentially, using 2 frequency FSK for a data carrier (high/low freq).· The bode plot example made me wonder how that would work for a tone decoder style Phase lock loop?· I'm looking for low power consumption for extended underwater operation with minimal extrnal components.· Even if it wakes up every 15 seconds or so to look for a signal and go back to idle for a low duty cycle would be great.

The propeller is a contridiction in itself.· 95% is so much simplified from a normal controller with all the dedicated HW peripherals and control registers, even though the 8 processors add so much power.· Then there's·dual 2 counters that are far more complex, though far more useful, than a standard controller's counters.

I think·the counter·will be 90% of the battle on developing high level communications applications.

Thanks,
Martin

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Martin Hebel
Southern Illinois University Carbondale - Electronic Systems Technologies

Personal Links with plenty of BASIC Stamp info
StampPlot - Graphical Data Acquisition and Control

Comments