Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
control acceleration and deceleration for servo motor — Parallax Forums

control acceleration and deceleration for servo motor

troytroy Posts: 1
edited 2005-09-14 22:44 in Learn with BlocklyProp
i am looking for a relatively inexpensive device to interface w/ a basic stamp controller to control acceleration and deceleration for a servo motor. my goal is to gradually accelerate a rc vehicle and then decelerate and come to a complete stop. any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Comments

• BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2005-09-14 13:11
    Troy,
    Are you using a continuous rotation servo ? If so you just have to use PULSOUT.
    Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "SX-Video·Module" Now available from Parallax for only $28.95

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=30012
    Product web site: www.sxvm.com
    Available soon!! Video overlay(OSD) module...

"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess"
    Red Green
    ·
  • edited 2005-09-14 22:44
    Are you talking about RC throttle control? If so, What's a Microcontroller, Chapter 4, Activity #3 will probably provide you with the correct motion sequence. I would start at the beginning of the chapter, then focus on Activity #3.

If they are continuous rotation servos, there's an example program in Robotics with the Boe-Bot that introduces ramping. Oddly enough, it's a different book, but the same chapter and activity#, Chapter 4, Activity #3.

Both What's a Microcontroller and Robotics with the Boe-Bot can be downloaded from www.parallax.com -> Downloads -> Stamps in Class Tutorials.

There's also a slightly more fancy ramping routine posted·to this forum. It's in the Boe-Bot® Robot Navigation with Accelerometer Incline Sensing post. Look for the Ramping in Navigation heading.