Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-Bot Parts in the UK? — Parallax Forums

Boe-Bot Parts in the UK?

WilliamSmithWilliamSmith Posts: 4
edited 2005-04-20 20:28 in Robotics
Hi All,

Having just purchased a Boe-Bot thru Ebay from the States, I was wondering if there are any outlets for Boe-Bot accessories in the UK?

I noticed Parallax sell some parts on Ebay but the P&P is $65 which really negates any Ebay saving and puts me at a distinct disadvantage to my American cousins.

I purchased a Crawler kit from Parallax in anticipation of Boe-Bots arrival and with P&P even that works out at circa $60 in total.

William

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-04-10 20:58
    William -

The folks at the link below are located in the UK and I suspect they may have what you may be looking for:
    http://www.milinst.com/

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • WilliamSmithWilliamSmith Posts: 4
    edited 2005-04-10 21:19
    Bruce,

Thanks for the reply, I had found that site but could only find the kit and not the accessories, listed on the Parallax site specifically for the Boe-Bot.

I also found this site:

http://www.britishrobotics.com/
    But they are far too expensive for accessories - They want £46.55 +P&P for the Crawler kitjumpin.gif
    You lucky people in the States can buy them for· $17.95 yeah.gif

William

Post Edited (WilliamSmith) : 4/10/2005 9:30:41 PM GMT
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-04-11 03:19
    Hello,

We can send specific accessories to the distributor for you to purchase.· You can e-mail our sales department and they can arrange for you to purchase certain accessories, it may take a little longer due to the timiming of the shipments.· If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me direct at dandreae@parallax.com

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    www.parallax.com

·
    edited 2005-04-14 11:31
    Thank you all for the replies and Dave I will bear that in mind!

Congratulations to Parallax on their turnaround times. Assuming you didn't process my order until Monday, my Crawler kit arrived (UK) this morning (Thursday) and I have built the kit. All I need now is my Boe-Bot which is also coming from the States (Not from Parallax)!

Post Edited (WilliamSmith) : 4/14/2005 4:30:56 PM GMT
    edited 2005-04-20 20:28
    Boe-Bot arrived today, centred servos, assembled and fitted the crawler kit.

Now looking forward to the Pbasic and component elements......

Incidentally, had to go out and buy a serial port PCI card as the "no name" USB to Serial converter I purchased previously just doesn't work!

William