Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Anyone used this co-processor? — Parallax Forums

Anyone used this co-processor?

Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
edited 2005-03-06 22:23 in Robotics
The BotProc from Kronos Robotics looks like a nice little continuous servo driver and A/D converter.· Has anyone used with a Stamp II?· The instructions for usage seem a bit too technical for me (now you know how much of a newbie I really am!) and don't provide any examples.

http://www.kronosrobotics.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16394&cat=291&page=1

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-03-06 18:31
    haven't used it, but I agree with you that the commands could be better described. I think I can make sense of what they mean, If noone else has done so, when I take my dinner break, I'll give you what my interpetation of what the commands are.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-03-06 22:23
    Ok Im eating my sandwich, so here we go:

atod is analog to digital, portstate is the digital value of the pin,

so commands 0-10 access the value on the associated pin as defined by commands 30-40.
    commands 11-29 define the PWM waveforms controlling the servos, 11-19 control both servos, 20-24 control the right servo, 25-29 controll the left servo.
    stop, fwd and rev are self explanatory, spin is when one servo goes forward and the other goes reverse, turn is when one goes forward and the other is stopped. Im not positive what on and off is, but I think it allows you to switch between off and the·last direction command.

commands 30-40 configure each port for digital or analog.

43 and 44 set the PWM master frequency, 45-46 turns·each PWM servo system on or off, 47-49 set the speed of the servo when using commands 11-29.

50-60 allow you to define the output value when the port is configured for digital output.

61-67 I'm just going to quote a source selling parallax servo controllers "Servo Ramping allows the user to set the speed of each servo on a per-move basis. With ramping, you can tell the servo where to go, and just how fast to get there. The result is true, "set-it and forget-it" functionality." Accel changes the ramp speed over time.

68 sets whether the A2D returns an 8 bit or 10 bit value.

69 allows you to interface a sony ir controller.

70-71 allow you read or write a register.

Not sure what the autoon and autooff (41-42) but they don't look critical, so you can play around with the if you want to figure out what they do or just leave them alone.