Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
new board status? — Parallax Forums

new board status?

charlieknoxcharlieknox Posts: 27
edited 2005-03-07 21:11 in Learn with BlocklyProp
This weekend I've been researching boards such as the NX-1000 for use in my electronics classes.· There was a reference·on February 23rd on the SX forum to :

Jon Williams teased us in December with pictures of a developer board that handles both the BS and the SX processors - see pictures and more info here http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=519708
with the link going to a December 7th post.

What's up with the board, and what is the status of StampWorks, Digital Logic, etc. relative to the new board?· Will there be new curriculum for it, or will some existing curriculum move to the new board?

Thanks for all the great things you do for us!

Charlie

Comments

• kb2hapkb2hap Posts: 218
    edited 2005-03-05 23:39
    That is the professional developement board.
    I dont think youll see any changes in curiculum.
    but I also dont work for parallax.
    Its very similar to the nx-1000 except it can handle all of the stamps
    as well as the SX family.
    I dont think there are any exact dates on it yet.
    but It will hopefully be available in the next few months or so.
    For a great price (they say potentially around $100)
    It for the developers and hobbyists who just want it all!!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    DTQ
  • Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-03-07 16:18
    There was a recent thread about this on the SX Forum http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=527876 that I started. And in it:
    Ken Gracey said...
    And the Professional Development Board is almost ready. We're waiting for the shipment from the supplier. Their initial estimate was the end of February. . .but you know how things go. At this point I expect them in a couple of weeks at the most.

So, it looks like it should be real soon now. I'd just keep checking on the Parallax home page, or possibly the Announcements Forum.

Jim
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-03-07 21:11
    Like other companies, we count on outside vendors and as we have very high standards sometimes these things take a little longer than we'd like. It won't be too much longer.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA