Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IDE going forward... — Parallax Forums

IDE going forward...

J GoliasJ Golias Posts: 3
edited 2005-03-02 16:26 in General Discussion
Let me preface this with the statement that I really like BasicStamps. I own a bunch and have used them to solve many little challanges that I've come up against. With that said, I'd like to ask if there is any discussion about integrating the environment or providing a CLR for use in the Visual Studio .NET IDE? A lot of us programmers by trade are always looking to reduce the diversity of toolsets we use to develop with and expand the applicability of the toolsets we do use regularly. Until now, the VS.NET IDE wasn't very friendly with alternative devices. But with the recent explosion of devices on the market today and the number of .NET languages, it would seem that Parallax might cash in on this growth by migrating or building a BS that runs the CLR. I know the BS is small and doesn't have a lot of computing power, but I for one would certainly buy a BS that I could program inside my VS.NET IDE. It's a challange no doubt. It might not even be possible. But, with a lot of the newbie programmers out there, the kids coming up the pike that are going to be using the VS.NET IDE in college and us old timers that just like cobbling up little solutions to life's little challenges, it would seem that playing well with the most common IDE would be a very good thing.

So, with that said, what is the "Official" and unofficial standing/reasons/thoughts on the subject.

Thanks.

Comments

• Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-03-02 01:21
    You'll probably get a better response from this if you move the post to The Sandbox. Look at the first thread in this forum for how to get a thread moved.

Jim
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-03-02 02:14
    Have you had a look at the third-party development information we have on our web site?

http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/tokenizer/tokenizer.asp

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas, TX· USA
  • J GoliasJ Golias Posts: 3
    edited 2005-03-02 16:20
    Missed that.· I'll go take a look.· Thanks for the info.
  • J GoliasJ Golias Posts: 3
    edited 2005-03-02 16:26
    I guess I grabbed the wrong forum.· I thought I had posted to The Sandbox.·· Bad me.nono.gif
    Jim McCorison said...
    You'll probably get a better response from this if you move the post to The Sandbox. Look at the first thread in this forum for how to get a thread moved.

Jim