Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Digikey Rocks! — Parallax Forums

Digikey Rocks!

Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
edited 2005-03-01 06:04 in General Discussion
When assembling my board, I opened the anti-static bag·for my main oscillator. I peeled the plastic wrap off the tape and reel packaging and looked down at a part that clearly stated it was a 4.0000MHz oscillator. I looked at the label on the anti-static bag and it said 50.000MHz. I placed a paniced 3am friday morning call to thier sales department, the sales rep took down the info and said someone from customer service will call me later in the morning. When they called, I stressed how urgent it was to get the correct part as soon as humanly possible. They shipped an·overnight, saturday delivery·replacement that I just received, and didn't charge me. Let me just say Im very impressed with any company willing to spend roughly $60 to send a $4 replacement. Now I have concrete verification that my decade of staunch loyalty to thier company was well founded, kudos digikey.

Paul

BTW when talking with the CS rep, she explained that the two bins were adjacent in thier warehouse (now thats a well thought out computer system to enable a CS rep to determine·the exact warehouse location for a part). She further explained that the error was either a stocking error or a picking error and that she would require an employee to personally verify the·replacement was the correct part. In the incorperated invoice they even stated it was a picking error and expressed thier regret for the inconvience the error caused me.

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 2/26/2005 4:08:35 PM GMT

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-02-26 16:14
    do you have a similar "over the top to please you" customer service experience with them? For me I am always willing to pay extra on parts for extra special customer service when things go amiss and you are in a severe pinch.

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 2/26/2005 4:17:05 PM GMT
  • Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-02-26 16:19
    Hey Bugg, do you own stock in that company, or does your cousin own it? You're constantly pushing it. Give it a rest.

Paul,

I've been thinking about your problem after your PM yesterday. Believe it or not, one if my first thoughts this morning was wondering if your chip had arrived. I've got to get a life. smile.gif Glad to hear it did. Can't wait to see the posted enteries in the contest.

Jim
  • Robert SchwartzRobert Schwartz Posts: 141
    edited 2005-02-26 17:14
    Yes, i generally use Digi-key for larger orders and Jameco for smaller ones. They may cost more, but I had a similar experience that ended up getting resolved very fast.
  • Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2005-02-28 16:53
    FWIW....

Really not a "suck up to Parallax" thing...

I just had a similar experience with Parallax, in which they rapidly and cheerfully took care of a problem WHICH THEY ACTUALLY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH!. The fault as with a BOE and was directly attributable to a retail store whose initials are RADIO SHACK. The store was singularly unhelpful in replacing missing parts from a BOE-BOT purchased 2 weeks previously, but Parallax made it right by next day air.

Exactly why I continue to shove my cash at Parallax...<g>

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    XYZZY...PLUGH...*poof*
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-03-01 06:04
    Thats a given, anyone whose dealt with Parallax will testify to thier top notch customer service [noparse]:)[/noparse]