Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Mmc to serial adapter link — Parallax Forums

Mmc to serial adapter link

SPENCESPENCE Posts: 204
edited 2005-02-24 16:40 in General Discussion
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/seanellis/mmcserial.htm

OVER THE PAST YEAR OR MORE SEVERAL HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN THIS VEIN.

HOPE THE HELPS OUT

SPENCE
K4KEP

Comments

• David BDavid B Posts: 591
    edited 2005-02-21 04:56
    Thanks. I'm slowly working towards building an MMC/SD-based data logger, and it's always nice to see different approaches to using these complicated things.

David
  • SPENCESPENCE Posts: 204
    edited 2005-02-21 08:26
    DAVID

HAVE YOU LOOKED AT THIS.

http://www.ghielectronics.com/ALFAT.htm

THE DEV BOARD IS OUT NOW AND THE SD/MMC BOARD SOON.

I AM PLANNING ON GETTING THE DEV BOARD VERY SOON.

SPENCE
    K4KEP
  • David BDavid B Posts: 591
    edited 2005-02-22 17:19
    That's quite a chip - it's just about what I've been working towards, except with many more features. I like it!

But I also like the challenge of getting my own design working, and I'm so close. I've got a working MMC/SD card interface from a Delphi PC program thru the parallel port to the card. I've got an SX board with card socket built, and just last weekend got its VP-style RS232 IO working. All it needs is the Delphi card interface code translated to SX code and it will be a working logger.

On the other hand, $50 for a complete MMC/SD board isn't bad. What to do...

David
    (KM6VI)
  • PJMontyPJMonty Posts: 983
    edited 2005-02-24 01:50
    Spence,

If you use the "URL" formatting button before and after the ULR itself, the URL becomes a click-able link in your post. They look like this:

homepage.ntlworld.com/seanellis/mmcserial.htm

instead of plain text like this:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/seanellis/mmcserial.htm

Just a nice thing to do for the rest of us so we don't have to cut and paste to check out the site...
      Thanks, PeterM
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-02-24 01:54
    Or if you use the "Post Reply" button (Using the normal editor) instead of "Quick Reply" they will automatically be converted to clickable links without having to do anything special.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --==<{Chris}>==--
  • Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-02-24 02:47
    The gee-whiz stuff only works if you are using MS Explorer. If instead you choose to use a browser that is less prone to hijacking, worms, viruses, adware. etc. than you'll have to put the codes in yourself.

Jim
  • SPENCESPENCE Posts: 204
    edited 2005-02-24 02:49
    Peter and chris.

I don't seem to have that capability in netscape 7.1. Fed dhs had us all get off of ie because of security problems. Have to do with what i have.

spence
    k4kep
  • Jim McCorisonJim McCorison Posts: 359
    edited 2005-02-24 03:39
    Spence,

Smart move on their part. There are two ways to tag a url in a non-ie browser. If you click the "Reply" button instead of using the quick reply you will get a message entry box. Above the box will be buttons for various features, or at least in Firefox 1.0 there is. When you want to include a url, click the url button. This will insert '[noparse][[/noparse] u r l ]', without the extra spaces. Next type, or paste in the url. Entering 'http://' isn't necessary. Then hold the shift key down and click the url button again. This will insert '[noparse][[/noparse] / u r l ]'. So your entry will look like:

[noparse][[/noparse] u r l ]www.foobar.nowhere[noparse][[/noparse] / u r l ]

again, without the extra spaces.

Or, you can just type the begin and end tags yourself. I've gotten to doing that because it is faster for me to type them than it is the find the #^@$^*@ button.

Jim
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-02-24 16:40
    Jim McCorison said...
    The gee-whiz stuff only works if you are using MS Explorer. If instead you choose to use a browser that is less prone to hijacking, worms, viruses, adware. etc. than you'll have to put the codes in yourself.
    Jim
    You mean there's more than just Internet Explorer?!?· smilewinkgrin.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --==<{Chris}>==--