Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using FlexiPanel (Bluetooth) BASIC Stamp edition with a PIC — Parallax Forums

Using FlexiPanel (Bluetooth) BASIC Stamp edition with a PIC

Jakob SelbingJakob Selbing Posts: 8
edited 2005-03-21 11:34 in General Discussion
I have been working with a FlexiPanel BASIC stamp edition recently. This is a module for adding·a bluetooth-based graphical user interface for any BASIC stamp projects. However I am using it on a PIC16F870. Programming the FlexiPanel is done by creating a PBASIC source code file, which will write the proper values to the FlexiPanel. This is only done once, whenever a new FlexiPanel interface is wanted. The data is retained after power is off, since it is stored in EEPROM.
However, since I'm not using it with a BASIC STamp, this is not possible. Instead I want code for the PIC which does the same thin, i.e. programs the FlexiPAnel module. To automate this process I have written a MATLAB script that takes the BS2 code that is output by the FlexiPanel designer tool, and generates assembler source code for the PIC.

I just wanted to know if anyone else is using PICs with the FlexiPanel, and how they do the programming. I am willing to make all my code & scripts available, upon request. It would also be nice to hear from other people's who have experience with the FlexiPanel module.

Cheers
Jakob

Comments

• KiwiKiwi Posts: 85
    edited 2005-03-21 11:34
    Hello,

I am also wondering if it is possible to connect a Flexipanel to a SX28l processor?

HAve you already found a example source code for PIC or sx?

With the use of Basic Stamps, the instruction for serial commands are easy to use. I am not sure if these are also avaible to the SXb instruction?

Kurt