Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Experiments with Renewable Energy - the latest Stamps in Class text and kit is — Parallax Forums

Experiments with Renewable Energy - the latest Stamps in Class text and kit is

Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
edited 2005-01-05 09:13 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello Educators!
·
I’d like to announce the release of our newest Stamps in Class title, Experiments with Renewable Energy by John Gavlik with Martin Hebel.· This series of·5 experiments allows you to produce energy with solar cells and a wind turbine,·and then plot your voltage output with StampPlot Pro.· .· Each chapter begins with a little historical and theoretical introduction to the concepts demonstrated in the experiments, and includes real-world issues and applications as well.
The experiments are:
·
#1 - Programmable Battery Charger
#2 - Dueling Solar Cells
#3 - Solar Cell Sun Tracker
#4 - Half and Full Wave Rectification
#5 - Three-Phase Alternator
·
StampPlot Pro is included under a free home/educational license, just download it from the product page and follow the registration instructions in the book.· A set of macros is also supplied to customize the plots for each experiment.· Since electricity and not programming is the main focus of the book, we have made the lengthy source code a public download as well.·
·
For a full description and links to all the necessary downloads, check out the products page:
http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28145
·
Happy Holidays to all!
·
Stephanie Lindsay
Parallax Inc.
·
P.S. As this is a first edition of this book, I would love to hear your feedback.· If you have any comments or errata, please feel free to email me directly: editor@parallax.com

Comments

• eblanckeeblancke Posts: 26
    edited 2005-01-05 09:13
    I do not see a MPPT tracker for solar panels. This is an essential project to enable motors (pump, servos, driving) to be driven directly off solar panels without batteries. Do you have any plans to include such a project ?