Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Pneumatic cylinders. — Parallax Forums

Pneumatic cylinders.

BorisBoris Posts: 81
edited 2004-11-01 19:49 in General Discussion
I am thinking of making a pneumatic door opener.
Here is the story. I have a shed where i park my motorcycle. The shed has 2 doors that swing out. It is somewhat annoying to have to park the bike, walk up to the shed, open the doors and ride in. I want to make a remote door opener. So im thinking 2 pneumatic cylinders shoud do it. I need to find a good tutorial on all the components of a pneumatic system (cylinders, actuator, compressor). Has anybody done anything like this?
Any ideas on where to get the components cheep.

Comments

• dbpagedbpage Posts: 217
    edited 2004-11-01 19:49
    There are about 52,000 hits on google for "automatic door opener."· Here's one of the many links:
    http://www.gentlemandoor.com/. Numerous posts at this forum identify surplus sites for pneumatic parts.

<humor>
    Warning: you might not be happy with a simple door opener. You may want to have the door recognize you as you ride up so you don't have to fumble with a key fob,·also·unlock the door to the house, turn on lights in the house, turn your TV to your favorite program, and, maybe, start heating dinner, too! You might want the reverse when you leave: put the lights, doors and windows·into security mode and·turn off all appliances.· I see many enhancements on the horizon!
    </humor>