Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
servo controller with only a few outputs? — Parallax Forums

servo controller with only a few outputs?

MatthewMatthew Posts: 200
edited 2004-10-19 15:52 in General Discussion
Are there any servo controllers that will only control a few servos, if not one or two? I bet I'm wasting lots of money in the Parallax Servo Controller to the additional outputs I will never need.
Thanks,
Matthew·

Comments

• Jonny555Jonny555 Posts: 46
    edited 2004-10-19 12:49
    You know, I thought the exact same thing.
    I only need 4 channels for my current prototype, but why have to purchase another servo controller in the future if my needs change. I looked at various different servo controllers and the PSC offers many features the competition does not. Ramp rates are sweet and so is the servo position reporting and most of all AVAILABILITY. Everyone sells this controller, and its backed by Parallax and that alone is worth its weight in platinum. I had problems getting my bs2sx to communicate with the PSC and a quick phone call to Parallax and I was back in business. I can't tell you how satisfying it is to get the right answers without any fuss. Purchasing a PSC is the farthest thing from a waste I can imagine [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Jon

Post Edited (Jonny555) : 10/19/2004 12:55:57 PM GMT
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-10-19 13:51
    http://www.ferrettronics.com -- look at their edeFT639

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office
  • MatthewMatthew Posts: 200
    edited 2004-10-19 15:52
    Jonny555 said...
    You know, I thought the exact same thing.
    I only need 4 channels for my current prototype, but why have to purchase another servo controller in the future if my needs change. I looked at various different servo controllers and the PSC offers many features the competition does not. Ramp rates are sweet and so is the servo position reporting and most of all AVAILABILITY. Everyone sells this controller, and its backed by Parallax and that alone is worth its weight in platinum. I had problems getting my bs2sx to communicate with the PSC and a quick phone call to Parallax and I was back in business. I can't tell you how satisfying it is to get the right answers without any fuss. Purchasing a PSC is the farthest thing from a waste I can imagine [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Jon
    Exactly what I was thinking. From what I've seen on this forum, Parallax employees often go out of their way to help the customers (example, Jon Williams going out to buy a component he didn't have, just to help a customer!). I'll save up and get the PSC!

Thanks you all,
    Matthew