Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IR beacon — Parallax Forums

IR beacon

ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
edited 2000-10-05 22:25 in General Discussion
IR beacon

I'm trying to send simple serial data out using an IR emitter. I looked at the example that the BS manual has for BS-1 - that uses a 555 and 2n2222 transistor. Is there another way to doing this? I do not want to use a ready made product like the one from sharp - only because, I'd like to keep the size small.

Also, on the receiving end, can I use the IR Receiver (forget the model #) that came with the Robotics pack ?

Please comment with your ideas.

thanks a lot
nagi

Comments

• ArchiverArchiver Posts: 46,084
    edited 2000-10-05 16:24
    IR beacon
    this forum is so quite· -· right now

oooooooooh!!!!

HELP!!!!

Original Message
    From: Babu, Nagi -*Contractor [noparse][[/noparse]mailto:nags@crosscity.com]
    Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 9:42 AM
    To: 'basicstamps@egroups.com'
    Subject: [noparse][[/noparse]basicstamps] IR beacon

I'm trying to send simple serial data out using an IR emitter. I looked at the example that the BS manual has for BS-1 - that uses a 555 and 2n2222 transistor. Is there another way to doing this? I do not want to use a ready made product like the one from sharp - only because, I'd like to keep the size small.

Also, on the receiving end, can I use the IR Receiver (forget the model #) that came with the Robotics pack ?

thanks a lot
    nagi
    edited 2000-10-05 16:27
    IR beacon
    I meant quiet [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Original Message
    Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 10:25 AM
    Subject: RE: [noparse][[/noparse]basicstamps] IR beacon

this forum is so quite· -· right now

oooooooooh!!!!

HELP!!!!

Original Message
    Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 9:42 AM
    Subject: [noparse][[/noparse]basicstamps] IR beacon

thanks a lot
    nagi
    edited 2000-10-05 22:25
    At 10/5/2000 -0500 09:42 AM, you wrote:
    I'm trying to send simple serialdata out using an IR emitter. I looked at the example that the BS manualhas for BS-1 - that uses a 555 and 2n2222 transistor. Is there anotherway to doing this? I do not want to use a ready made product like the onefrom sharp - only because, I'd like to keep the size small.

Wander over to the Rentron website [noparse][[/noparse]www.rentron.com ]and take a look at the FireStick.

Also, on the receiving end, can Iuse the IR Receiver (forget the model #) that came with the Robotics pack?

thanks a lot
    nagi