Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Latest responses not "bubbling" — Parallax Forums

Latest responses not "bubbling"

Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
edited 2004-09-08 14:57 in General Discussion
I don't know if it's just a "misunderstanding" on my part, but occasionally a message with a recent response does not seem to bubble to the top of the message list.· Usually, when I click into a forum that shows it has some unread messages, all of those·threads with unread messages·appear first in the resulting list.· Every now and then, though, when I click in, the thread that has a new response is waaaay down the list.· Any enlightenment?

TIA

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
If at first you don't succeed

...you're about average...

Comments

• Jim EwaldJim Ewald Posts: 733
    edited 2004-09-08 14:57
    In the default sort order, topics·(threads) are listed in desending order of the last post to each topic. The fact that you have read messages in a particular thread have no bearing on the default sort order. What you are observing is quite possible if you have not checked into the site for a couple of days. Someome could have posted a reply to an older thread right after you last left the site, followed by many new threads.

If possible, take a low-res screen shot of a message list when you see this again and I'll be glad to investigate it further.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jim

Parallax IT Dept.