Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
NUM and SNUM input format specifiers — Parallax Forums

NUM and SNUM input format specifiers

DonDon Posts: 34
edited 2004-08-10 15:34 in BASIC Stamp
In V2.0c of the Basic Stamp Progamming Manual, the NUM and SNUM format specifiers don't appear in the table for SERIN on page 283.· They also are not in the table for I2CIN, OWIN, nor LCDIN.· They are described in the online help related to SERIN and DEBUGIN.· Can they be used for I2CIN, OWIN and LCDIN as well?

I think that a section devoted to input and output format specifiers would work well.· That way you could have a single table with all of the specifiers and have columns indicating which ones·can be used with various functions.· This would also make documentation maintenance simpler and less error prone.

Lastly, NUM appears in the list of reserved words in the 2.0c manual but SNUM does not.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Don Kinzer

Post Edited (Don) : 8/10/2004 3:23:20 PM GMT

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2004-08-10 15:34
    The manual is being updated right now. Both NUM and SNUM are valid input stream modifiers.· And yes, they work with all of the input stream commands (DEBUGIN, I2CIN, LCDIN, OWIN, SERIN).··If you installed the offical 2.1 release compiler there is a demo program (that uses DEBUGIN).

The manual is a very big -- very complicated [noparse][[/noparse]internally] document -- so there won't be a place for a single table. That I can do with the help file though, and will add it to the next release.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    Dallas Office

Post Edited (Jon Williams) : 8/10/2004 3:37:48 PM GMT