A display list is fun :) [0.20 working alpha available at Github]
0.20: all basics work
- text modes: 1,2,4,8x vertical and horizontal zoom
- graphics modes - 1,2,4,8 bpp, 1,2,4,8x vertical and horizontal zoom
What will not work:
- 1024x576x8bpp: needs too much RAM
- zoomed text and graphic modes where the line length in longs is not integer (eg. 100 pixels at 1 bpp=100 bits=3.25 longs, will not work, while 128 pixels=4 longs will work)
BETA todo list
- size optimize, 464 longs used now
- high level functions set
I started to make a displaylisted HDMI driver based on "nostalgic" text driver from this topic https://forums.parallax.com/discussion/172937/a-nostalgic-hdmi-display-driver-0-90-beta-in-post-34-beta-stage-reached#latest
The display list is fun. It allows the contorl of what you display and from where. Text and graphic lines can be mixed, they can be displayed in any possible order and repeated.
Now every screen line is controlled by one displaylist entry (long) but I only started to play with a displaylist and I want to display more lines using one entry or using more entries for one line.
To be continued.
The working directory is here: https://github.com/pik33/ultibo-propeller/tree/main/hng012