Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Seeking P2 Version of the WX WiFi SIP Module Firmware (.ota file) — Parallax Forums

Seeking P2 Version of the WX WiFi SIP Module Firmware (.ota file)

JRetSapDoogJRetSapDoog Posts: 954
edited 2021-02-10 06:15 in Propeller 2

I have the SIP version of the WX ESP 8266 WiFi Module and want to update its firmware for use with the P2. Can anyone point me to the .ota file to upgrade the firmware to work with the P2? I checked in the zip file for the module, but it only has a P1 version dated 2017, which, when utilized, results in the same 2016 firmware that came with the module. I believe I got my WX module about a week before Parallax was going to update their inventory of the modules with the new firmware (I presume it works for the P1, too). Anyway, I've been looking around the Parallax site and in their GitHUB area, but I haven't came up with anything yet. Apologies if I've overlooked it. I'm watching a Zoom meeting video now from last September or so about using the module with the P2 , and the presenter mentioned posting a link to the .ota file in the chat window. I think that link is what I need. On a somewhat related matter, I think that someone said that wirelessly programming the P2 might get integrated into the Propeller Tool someday (rather than the current drag-and-drop the file approach, I think). Sounds ambitious, but that sure would be great.

Comments