Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
TAQOZ download traffic! — Parallax Forums

TAQOZ download traffic!

Sometimes I think hardly anybody takes any notice of TAQOZ but I noticed that my pCloud account also reports traffic and over 2 days there were 7,324 downloads of the Tachyon folder which also includes TAQOZ with a total 20GB of traffic.

All I can say is that there must be a lot of lurkers out there :D

However I notice that there are over 2,000 files in the folder with a total of 7.1GB, but 6.4GB of that are the SD card media files I use for testing. So I have taken the SDCARD folder out of there and I will link it separately so that the whole Tachyon folder is now around 680MB. A bit better, but better still I will create a zip of the folder every time I update it, and time stamp the older versions.

I will post current links into the first page of TAQOZ, plus in my sig, plus in my "Complete Tachyon and TAQOZ files now on pCloud" thread too.

Comments

• I'm not sure if it's good or bad but I admit very small portion of that traffic could be mine. A few megs maybe. In total.

• I'm not concerned nor aware of any real restrictions with downloads but I was surprised by the usage, until I realised that only equates to 3 complete kit and kaboodle downloads of the whole folder. However that folder also had the multimedia files to load onto an SD card that took over 6GB, so now I share them separately to make it easier to grab the whole folder if need be. It's in the cloud for a reason.

• ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742

There will be more traffic the moment P2D2 becomes more popular. It takes some time to overcome the threshold, but it will be an avalanche ;-)

• ErNaErNa Posts: 1,742

User interfaces can be confusing. I tried to download a file and ended up with the complete PCloud. (Peters ;-) . Today I realized that when you click a file for download the formerly hidden options appear, but they are grayed out. Now I just didn't care and on "mouse over" the button became enhanced and I could download a single file. .... As I managed this task, I hope the user interface will change soon so I can proof again, I'm still able to learn by accident!

• CircuitsoftCircuitsoft Posts: 1,166
    edited 2021-03-09 00:32

I wonder if you should maybe look into something like the Debian jigdo (Jigsaw Download) tool? Basically, the user downloads a binary template of the image they want, then jigdo downloads the bits and pieces needed to fill it in. More info at https://einval.com/~steve/software/jigdo/