Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Tool 2.4.1 and the Propeller Tool Directory Questions — Parallax Forums

Propeller Tool 2.4.1 and the Propeller Tool Directory Questions

Even though I installed Propeller Tool 2.4.1 on my D: drive, every time I execute the application it creates and populates a Propeller Tool sub-directory on my C: drive in my documents folder. If I delete the Propeller Tool sub-directory, the application recreates and populates it upon initialization.

Question1: Where is it getting the contents for this sub-directory?

Question2: How do I get it to use the Parallax Tool sub-directory on the D: drive?

Comments

• Until changing the library location is an option, you'll have to use the Registry Editor.

• @JonnyMac Thanks for the suggestion. I gave it a shot but 2.4.1 continues to use the C: drive even with this registry entry pointing to D: drive. I even tried uninstalling it and wiping the registry clean of 2.4.0 which is what 2.4.1 installs. I'll submit an issue via github.

• @JonnyMac UPDATE: Your suggestion did work. I didn't realize this until I tried to compile your code and the compiler complained that your object files were not in the D: location. I was fooled because the left panel continues to show the Library at the C: location even though it is using the D: location. It's still a bug so I'll update the issue in github with the new information.

• Also, I found where the PropTool was getting the data to reconstruct the "Propeller Tool" folder in C: after I had deleted it. The data is in the hidden 'ProgramData' folder on C:/.

• JonnyMacJonnyMac Posts: 8,918
    edited 2021-01-30 03:43

Best to leave this as a bug report / suggestion on the Parallax Git page for Propeller Tool.

• I did. I updated the issue with additional text and a image capture.