Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Text to Speech — Parallax Forums

Text to Speech

RaymanRayman Posts: 13,861
edited 2020-11-06 01:27 in Propeller 2
I've ported this Arduino TTS program from here: https://github.com/jscrane/TTS

Runs under FlexProp C

I'm trying to not use the external RC filter and amp and instead use a digital filter.
The result is not so nice, but you can sorta make out what it is saying...

Might have to come back to this sometime and see if I can make it better...
For some reason I don't understand the output samples seem to only range from 0..15.

It is rigged for the eval board with the A/V adapter on basepin 0

Update: It sounds good now! fixed some issues with the code... Updated binary just now.
TTS.zip 30.2K

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,861
    I fixed a range issue with the PWM and made the digital filter second order...

It sounds OK now.
  • PWM.spin2?

In which library might that file be found?

Thx
    dgately
    edited 2020-11-05 22:24
    It doesn’t use that anymore ...

I was at first going to do the pwm in spin ...
    But then I found how to do it in C
    Just comment that line out in sound.cpp. I'll fix zip in a second...
    Sorry about that, zip in top level should now have that PWM reference removed...
    edited 2020-11-07 03:01
    I wish I had a .wav or video of the arduino version to know how close I was...

This seems on the border of acceptable...

Pls don't make me buy Arduino!
  • Rayman wrote: »
    I wish I had a .wav or video of the arduino version to know how close I was...

Which Arduino and which code?

If I have the appropriate Arduino, I'll try to make a video for you.

Will it run on Uno or does it require a Mega? I think I have both. I'll start reading the info in the Github and figure out if I can run the demo.

BTW, it can be really useful to have a few Arduinos around. The're useful for seeing how the code is supposed to behave.
    That would be great! Link is in the top post. I really don't know much about Arduino, so don't know which boards work...

But, I just remembered that there might be an issue... Seems some Arduino boards require an external audio filter and amp.
    Yeah, never mind, it's probably unlikely that you would have this filter and amp...
  • You might also try porting ye 'olde P1 VocalTract-based TTS thing. Isn't very understandable, either, though.
    I really wish there were recordings of these type of things, so once could compare...