Discussion for using your RetroBlade2 starts/continues here
New orders (boards shipped after 01-Dec-2020) will be P2 Rev C chips - I have a limited supply of Flash chips and need to verify why they don't erase with TAQOZ
Please post orders in this thread for now.
Please let me know your country
, and if the Flash
option is required. These are the only two options.
Payment will be via PayPal in USD (when pcbs are
ready). I'll add a new post when I'm ready.
Please ensure payment is in USD as PayPal tries really hard to convert the currency so they can max their commission!
Payment to cluso -at- bluemagic -dot- biz (replace the -at- and -dot- and especially note the .biz)
Cost - Warning: Postal charges have just surged so please check with me before paying!!!
RetroBlade2 without Flash USD $45 (including postage) each
RetroBlade2 with Flash (8/16/32MB depending on my stock) USD $50 (including postage) each
Postage is by unregistered airmail post from Australia (you take the risk).
Some USA bulk shipments will go to Publison for on-posting to you.
Our nice post office has changed the rules so I need to keep the weight under 50g as otherwise it is almost 3x expensive to send up to 125g. So for multiple boards, if you don't need all the connectors, let me know and I may be able to juggle the weight to reduce the postage cost. Otherwise I'll post individually
Thru-hole parts (connectors) are not soldered, so your choice whether you solder VGA or pin headers.
I will include VGA connector as I have them anyway, unless weight becomes an issue as the VGA is 10g. The soldered pcb with VGA is ~30g plus packaging ~10g.
The first batch of boards will be
have been shipped to Publison (thanks Jim) for on-shipping shortly, and other paid orders have also been shipped.
and have arrived. Thanks Jim
For USB Keyboard or Mouse I suggest something similar to this on fleabay. I bought a nicer white one a while ago but don't have a link.
For USB downloading I use this, but you can get the better pricing (free shipping) from other sellers. Note the pinout aligns with the RetroBlade2.
This post and the next have been updated with the latest info. There is only one pcb as it can do VGA and brings out the I/O on 0/1" header underneath the VGA connector.
KiCad passes all the design rule checks. It's all laid out now and the gerbers look good. Just need to panelise and send off (not panelised). Let me know below who wants them.
2020-10-13: Boards ordered - should be back in ~2 weeks
2020-10-26: Boards arrived - looking good
2020-10-30: First board built and preliminary testing - recognised by pnut, Rom Monitor and TAQOZ working to PST
2020-11-01: First board boots downloads from pnut and also boots from microSD
2020-11-06: First board works with VGA, USB keyboard (garryj's code), and runs my Z80/CPM emulation (software not fully tested)
2020-11-10: Works with 4.0" LCD. Runs my OS (software not fully tested)
2020-11-26: Flash chips require a pcb modification.
2020-11-27: First boards shipped
Cluso's P2 RetroBlade2
* PCB 1.6"x2.2" 2 layer ENIG 1.6mm FR4
* P2X8C4M64P chip of course (some initial boards may use P2 RevB chips - let me know if you need RevC)
* 20MHz xtal
* Requires 5V regulated input (from one of: headers, microUSB, or USB/TTL header)
* 3V3 1A LDO SOT-89 regulator
* 1V8 generated by series 3V3 1A LDO SOT-223 to 1V8 1A LDO SOT-223
* Proper bulk and bypass capacitors
* Transistor reset circuit (as per P1) configured with solderable link
* microSD socket (microSD card not supplied) - can boot direct from microSD without Flash
* Two microUSB sockets - for power / keyboard / mouse (cables available from fleabay for ~$1.50)
* P00-15 brought out on 1x20pin 0.1" header
* P16-31 brought our on 1x16pin 0.1" header (under VGA connector)
* P32-47 brought out on 1x20pin 0.1" header
* P48-49 brought out on microUSB connector
* P50-51 brought out on microUSB connector
* P52-57 brought out on tiny 0.4mm thru-hole pads (will take single AWG30 kynar wire-wrap wire)
* P58-61 used internally for microSD and (optional) SPI Flash
* P62-63 brought out on 1x6 0.1" header (serial port) for Reset/SerialOut/SerialIn/5Vin/Gnd/nc - compatible with CP2102 USB/TTL 6pin (not supplied - fleabay ~$1.50)
* Note: P27-31 also connects to VGA socket (if fitted) for video/LCD (connector overlays the P16-31 header)
* Optional SOIC-8 footprint on underside for Flash W25Q32JVSIQ/W25Q64JVSIQ/W25Q128JVSIQ (4/8/16MB Flash)
* Through hole parts supplied but not fitted/soldered
* Can run my P2 OS and Z80/CPM emulation
* The regulators will likely self-limit to somewhere in excess of 500mA. Switchers are not used.
* The 3d image shows the wrong microSD and microUSB connectors. Peter showed the ones I'm using on his P2D2 thread the other day.
* A 1x2pin 0.050" header/link enables the 10K pullup resistor (fitted as standard) for booting from the (optional) Flash chip
In my rush to add the Flash footprint to the RetroBlade2 at the last minute, I forgot to connect the WP and HOLD pins to 3V3.
This is going to require a tiny wire mod when fitting the Flash part.
will be via PayPal in USD, US$40 without Flash, US$45 with W25Q128JVSIQ (16MB)
Flash 8MB or 16MB brand TBA, and US$5 unregistered airmail post from Australia (you take the risk). Some USA bulk shipments will go to Publison for on-posting to you.
I have moved the pics to the next post