Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
SOLVED: Parallax distributors in Europe? — Parallax Forums

SOLVED: Parallax distributors in Europe?

banjobanjo Posts: 438
edited 2020-10-08 15:36 in General Discussion
Tried to order another Scribbler 3 to my school from Mouser (used the European site eu.mouser.com) as I thought they were an European distributor of Parallax products. They aren't though, their warehouse is in US and ordering from them would be a lot of hassle and extra costs. What's funny is that the two S3's we already have were ordered exactly the same way from Mouser, free shipping, no customs.

So, which European companies are real Parallax distributors?

Comments

• Hi
    I`ve used RS Components (Norway) some times, but they don`t have all the Parallax items in stock. Only a few of them. Don`t know right now if they stock the Scribler. I`ve also tried Mouser Europe like you did, but got the same experience.
  • ELFA in Sweden stocks most of our products. They're probably the nearest distributor of ours.

Ken Gracey
  • Hey Ken, how about using Amazon?

As far as I know you could use their delivery system, for some fee of course.

Mike
  • msrobots wrote: »
    Hey Ken, how about using Amazon?

Mike

Funny, there are people who sell stuff via eBay, and use Amazon's fulfillment service. I had first heard about it, when they started up the convention cities tour of the many companies who sell stuff that makes Amazon Webservices work best.
    --
    Strange, there's a robot of the sort that might have been a prop in a movie a while ago dragging a footlocker as big as it was. Now he's opening it and assembling one like himself. Mike now what did you do?
  • Ken Gracey wrote: »
    ELFA in Sweden stocks most of our products. They're probably the nearest distributor of ours.

Ken Gracey

Well, searching for "Parallax" gives a result of 17 items, of course not including S3, I also searched for "Scribbler" without results. Privately I ordered from them some 10 years back, and I remember they had much more Parallax products then. My first contact with Parallax products was a Basic Stamp BOE robot, ordered from them in 2007.
    Hey Ken, how about using Amazon?

Mike

...fulfillment service...

That was the word I was looking for, but could not figure out how to spell it. But why not jump on that bandwagon, prime members get free delivery, Amazon cheats at all fronts on taxes in all countries it delivers, that might help with the European VAT problems.

Maybe Parallax could check that out besides handling it itself and using Mouser & CO?

Just thinking to much right now, I am currently a CodeMonkey with writer-block and need distraction.

Enjoy!

Mike
    ...with writer-block and need distraction.

Hey Mike - string up a pole, go down to the lake, do some fishn'! That'll start the cranial juices flowing. :smile:
  • LA6WNA wrote: »
    Hi
    I`ve used RS Components (Norway) some times, but they don`t have all the Parallax items in stock. Only a few of them. Don`t know right now if they stock the Scribler. I`ve also tried Mouser Europe like you did, but got the same experience.

We were lucky, RS Components (Finland) had 7 in stocks, and after a few keypresses from our side, now only 6 :smile: