Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New (old) Propeller Book — Parallax Forums

Comments

• frank freedmanfrank freedman Posts: 1,975
    edited 2020-09-07 01:15
    I originally purchased this book in 2016 (search user "sanandak") when it was available on leanpress. I later purchased the version I have now from Apress. I found the book not only a very useful addition to my prop library, but some of the concepts in the book have also been very useful as well. I originally got it due to the coverage of C, but to be honest, I don't have a high interest in C at the moment.

Side note, I was looking for info on using locks when this book popped up, and interestingly the thread also included discussions of accessing and other OBEX issues. Sridhar's last note in the thread was a plug for his (at the time) book on Leanpress, This one.

@"Buck Rogers" Any smile recipient in direct support of special needs individuals is a big Plus in my book.....

Really odd occurrence, I think I somehow killed the preceding comments in this thread when I added the @ comment to my reply.... How the (*&( did that happen?
  • Really odd occurrence, I think I somehow killed the preceding comments in this thread when I added the @ comment to my reply.... How the (*&( did that happen?

I was just wondering about that. Very strange.

• So, it was not my imagination! Hope this will not kill it all...
  • So, it was not my imagination! Hope this will not kill it all...

I wonder if it was an anti spam feature of the forum software. Perhaps multiple Amazon links triggered the deletions. I now affiliate links are a common source of spam so the replies with the links were deleted. It might not be related to your reply.
  • I originally purchased this book in 2016 (search user "sanandak") when it was available on leanpress. I later purchased the version I have now from Apress. I found the book not only a very useful addition to my prop library, but some of the concepts in the book have also been very useful as well. I originally got it due to the coverage of C, but to be honest, I don't have a high interest in C at the moment.

Side note, I was looking for info on using locks when this book popped up, and interestingly the thread also included discussions of accessing and other OBEX issues. Sridhar's last note in the thread was a plug for his (at the time) book on Leanpress, This one.

@"Buck Rogers" Any smile recipient in direct support of special needs individuals is a big Plus in my book.....

Really odd occurrence, I think I somehow killed the preceding comments in this thread when I added the @ comment to my reply.... How the (*&( did that happen?

And by that means statement, you mean the others I found?
  • And found them again. Look out for duplicates.
    https://tinyurl.com/yyrvnkmk
    And
    https://tinyurl.com/yxtlhuon