Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New P2 Goertzel board in the store! — Parallax Forums

New P2 Goertzel board in the store!

VonSzarvasVonSzarvas Posts: 3,278
edited 2020-09-05 18:58 in Propeller 2
Wow-- just got a very nice surprise in the post (see attached!)

Anyone that orders the P2 Accessory Set this weekend will get the latest Goertzel version that Chip has been showing, and 10% off with free domestic shipping!!

https://www.parallax.com/product/64006-es

And as a bonus, the P2-Digital Video (HDMI-style) breakout accessory included with that kit has an extra 5V header pad too, for hooking 5V to those external monitors that need it!

Grab an accessory kit with your labor day mystery box whilst stocks last :)
https://www.parallax.com/product/910-10001

Comments

• RaymanRayman Posts: 13,860
    Is there info on what's new on this somewhere?
    In a video or something?
  • Any chance of getting the new Goertzel board by itself?

If not, how about the Diptrace schematic and layout files? Am I correct in assuming Parallax wouldn't mind if we have a similar board made at OSH Park or elsewhere using the layout?
    Rayman wrote: »
    Is there info on what's new on this somewhere?
    In a video or something?

In one of the webcasts, Chip mentioned a new Goertzel board which had much better resolution than the original board. Something to do with the copper geometry.
  • I assume the new boards are similar to the ones Chip uses at 19:19 in this video.

• Similar yes. Those were the prototypes.
  • cgraceycgracey Posts: 14,133
    I have the new Goertzel board on my P2 Eval and it works great. It's working exactly as hoped for. It took an iteration to get it right. The new board has very linear response and no bias problem, as before.
  • cgracey wrote: »
    The new board has very linear response and no bias problem, as before.

It sounds really cool.

Is there are way for us to purchase the new Goertzel board without purchasing the other accessories?

If selling the individual boards is a problem, then how about letting us roll our own by sharing the PCB layout?

Duane Degn wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »

It sounds really cool.

Is there are way for us to purchase the new Goertzel board without purchasing the other accessories?

If selling the individual boards is a problem, then how about letting us roll our own by sharing the PCB layout?

That's fine with me.

Von Szarvas, can you put something up?
    I'd also be interested in just the board somehow...
    That's fine with me.

Fantastic!

Thank you.

Duane Degn wrote: »
    cgracey wrote: »

It sounds really cool.

That's fine with me.

Von Szarvas, can you put something up?

Sure thing- we can make an individual Goertzel board soon. (Right after the new P2 module is released).

• Here is a 4x4 Touch Keypad for the P2 EVAL board. Each key goes to an individual pin on the P2 EVAL board - see attached pictures. The Keypad is made with a single sided PCB, using stylus milled isolation pads & traces. Something I can to fairly easily in my home shop - software: Sprint Layout, FlatCAM & Universal G-Code Sender. The table top CNC milling machine is a ShapeOKO

Does anyone have any Goertzel software functions for a 4x4, 16 pin Keypad? Second, this PCB uses square touch pads, would it work better with round keypads? The PCB is painted Green to prevent the copper PCB Keypad from corroding and for electrical insulation & isolation. The keypad is a single-sided PCB, There is no backplane.

Any suggestions are welcome. The isolation milled keypad is available FREE to forum members (PM me with your mailing address)
    @PropGuy2 I'm very interested to see how this kind of input works!
    PropGuy2, to measure activity on that pad array, the Goertzel circuit won't help, but I think you could just measure discharge time using a smart pin mode and 10uA low-drive with Schmitt-trigger input.